cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kanban configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some one please tell me the steps for Kanban configuration.

The requirement is to pull stock from vendor consigned inventory.

Please let me know what control cycle I need?

Please let me know the replenishment strategy?

Also let me know what other settings do I need both in master data and configuration.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Need more information. In mean time some options available:

One flavour we use is we procure the consignment stock tied with a Warehouse managed storage location and then do the (auto) posting change notices to move from consignment to own unrestricted use.

Second option is maintain the material as Consignment (special procurement) and make it part of the planning run and procure in quantities specified by MRP. Then make kanban replenishments using say Summarized JIT call strategy and make actual deliveries. Then our production order confirmations/backflushing does the stock determination to consume the stock from consignment as and when required.

Pls specify your complete requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the idea is:

We have consigned stock in storage location 1001 (IM).

This stock is separate from unrestricted and shows as vendor consigned stock.

We supply the Kanban storage location with a Sloc to Sloc transfer from consignment to Kanban.

Once that is done some kind of AP billing should take place cause we pulled consigned inventory.

As far as replenishing the consigned inventory SLOC is concerned it will be handled via a PO. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tell me the different movement types involved in option 2.

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, In case you have the material procured and made available in consignment stock through a PurOrd, then you can think of using the stock determination group/rules functionality to directly backflush the item when you do the production order confirmation (via co11n txn where a 261 K happens). This is an option where in you do not need an extra/kanban setup.  (OSPX and OPJ2 will have then required information)

In case you need a Kanban setup, you can set up a stock transfer strategy and this may be done with the control type 'Stock transfer with Reservation' - either 0001 or 0003. All you need is
a.Include the movement type 411 in the strategy and
b.Along with a stock determination rule again which will point to your consignment stock.

With this setting when you trigger a proposal, you get an MtlRes (from your issuing storage location having the consignment stock) to TrnRes (which is your Kanban storage location).
Please make a copy of either 0001 or 0003 and check and revert back with further queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will and thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If kanban is very new for you then this link can be helpful to start up KANBAN.

And also can you explain the process that you are currently planning to map into kanban.

Reg

Dsk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

Thank you for the link but what i am trying to do is a stock transfer from a vendor cosigned location. So basically a 411E movement but because its vendor consigned I am not sure how billing would work.

Ideally when we pull stock from a vendor location it should generate a AP invoice.

So what are your thoughts on it?