cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping in pi 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a mapping question regarding splitting of an incoming xml message into multiple xml messages in PI and send it to target . Can this be done in PI ?

Also in PI 7.1 can we combine multiple incoming xml message and combine them into single xml message and send to SAP is this possible?

Please advice if this is possible without using BPM.

For eg. In an xml sent to PI there are 10,000 serial numbers in an xml message. I need to split them into 1000 each and sent it to target. Also if I receive 10 xml messages with 1000 serial numbers each can I combine them into one single XML message in PI?

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

For eg. In an xml sent to PI there are 10,000 serial numbers in an xml message. I need to split them into 1000 each and sent it to target.

As Sen already said that you can split a single message to multiple without BPM, check for that link.

Also if I receive 10 xml messages with 1000 serial numbers each can I combine them into one single XML message in PI?

for Combining multiple message ex 10 xml messages with 1000 serial number, you can check the following option that may help .

you need to create two scenario

first scenario is your third party system to local PI directory where receiver adapter is NFS with FCC and using APPEND mode to write the serial number. After all serial number writing you can schedule the second scenario which read that file using  NFS with FCC and send it  to SAP.

Regards

Gagan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

1: N Transformation without BPM: http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it-s-possible

Multi-Mapping without BPM - Yes, it’s possible!

N:1 Transformation without BPM is not possible.

Please check the below for a sample scenario:

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/BPM/Fork1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sen. Is it possible to use this when sender and receiver is a proxy ?

Also when I have 10 incoming XML messages can i combine them in mapping without using BPM into one single XML message with all the serial numbers?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Is it possible to use this when sender and receiver is a proxy " : Yes possible

"Also when I have 10 incoming XML messages can i combine them in mapping without using BPM into one single XML message with all the serial numbers" : Not possible without BPM.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

A few cents to Nabendu,

You can think that the PI process without BPM is a fluent process, it can't retain a message status or the message itself waiting to the another, why not?, i think because this behaviour makes more difficult the scenario and you have for this purpose the BPE engine.

By the way if you want to use a receiver file adapter you can generate one single file with various inbound XMLs, but obviuosly you can't combine mappings  between the different incoming messages only append each received message in the target file.

Regards,