cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email and Phone call configuration on SAP BI Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have one report wherein employee data is there. In two of the columns, I have email and phone. Now from the mobile app , I would like to have such a functionality wherein if I click on email address it should take me to the email compose option on my cell phone . Similarly , if I click on phone number it should take me to dial option or address book of my phone.

Can anyone help me on this one??

Please share if you have any documents of code to make this work.

Regards,

Anshul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

This functionality is only supported for BB at the moment.

it will not work on IOS devices!!

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Its fine if its not working on iOs devices. The issue is I am not able to form hyperlinks in the reporting cells using syntax local action such as plookup, elookup ,phone to,email to ,sms to . I would be great if you could share a code/document/method to get this thing working.

Regards,

Anshul

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you are using BBerry, you can find the syntax in the Report Design guide, which you can find here:

http://help.sap.com/bomobile40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten

I did use this guide and it methods. What I understood that we need to write this code on Web I report level itself . I wrote those code but unfortunately the Web I report was not showing any of the hyperlinks in the reporting link.

Also, I am on SP5 now and this guide is for SP2 . Could this be the issue?

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

no, SP5 should work as well.

Did you set the cell properties to "Read content as hyperlink"?

If yes, whatdo you see on the device in that cell?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the code which I am using and marking it read as a hyperlink

="<a href='laction://phoneto?num=laction://plookup?name='"+[Last Name]+"'$$'desc='Call'+[Last Name]+''>[Last Name]</a>"

and below is my Web I report's snapshot . As you can see, the rightmost column is stating as' Last Name' and I guess it should state a "Last Name' of a person with the hyperlink. Correct me if Ia wrong.

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

nope, not in WebI. It does read the cell as hyperlink and just shows you what you have between <a> and </a>

What do you see on the device, and which device is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of now, I am using my android phone . 'Last Name; is one of my objects which contains last name of the employees  in the Web I report. So I am assuming that every hyperlinked reporting cell should show up the corresponding last name for eg. Wankhede ( in blue with hyperlink) across the Last Name Wankhede.

As stated by Akshay, this feature is supported by BB only and not by iOs or Android . But I am wondering whether my coding and logic is correct so that I can test it once I get a BB device for testing.

Also, I would like to know when this feature will be available for android and iOs device .

Regards,

Anshul

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ah - maybe we weren't too clear in post #2: this function only works on the first gen Mobi products on BBerry, etc.

It does *not* work on iOS or Android.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

when can we expect to get this features on iOs and android devices ?

Regards,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

right now, we do not have a roadmap regarding the same. but i guess may be in Q3 we should have it

regards,

Atul B