cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email sender filtered based on Subject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to do a couple of email sender interfaces. Currently it looks like we have to create a different email account for each interface.

Is it possible to have the email sender Communication Channel only process emails in the inbox which have a certain Subject? Or from a certain sender?

If this was possible then we could have a couple of interfaces all polling the same email inbox.

Thanks,

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>r Communication Channel only process emails in the inbox which have a certain Subject?

yes - in mail sender apdater - set checkbox - set adapter specific message attributes

and then in receiver determination add a condition with this field - SHeaderSUBJECT

it will contain you e-mail subject

the same applies for sender field - SHeaderFROM

so both are possible,

ref:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/23/c093409c663228e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Sorry I should have said that this is the method we have chosen to use but there is a problem with this. We are using the PayloadSwapBean to get access to the attachment on the email but in this we have to configure the file type of the attachment. For example .txt or .xml

But, we need to be able to process multiple file types, so one interface will send an email with with Subject "Device" and a .txt file attached, a different interface will send an email with Subject "Customer" with a .csv attachment.

I know we can do this by creating a different email account per interface but i was hoping to create a generic email account.