cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated BP using BBP_SP_SUPP_INI having different BP #

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was finally able to get transaction BBP_SP_SUPP_INI working and was able to duplicate a business partner from SRM to SUS. But the business partner in SUS does not have the same business partner number as the original one in SRM. In SRM I'm seeing two busines partner ID's with the same data, one BP from SRM, and one BP from SUS.

I'm also getting a related error where the registration ID returns the error: "Partner not found or is not a vendor" when trying to create an admin user for this newly transferred BP.

Does anyone have this process running smoothly and help me with it?

Much thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Derek,

The BP's transfered to SUS will have their own BP# in SUS side, you can check the SUS table VENMAP, that will have the mapping between the SRM BP# and the SUS BP GUID, with that GUID you can run BUPA_NUMBERS_GET to know the SUS BP#.

About the "Partner not found or is not a vendor", have you tried to update the needed attributes on SRM for that vendor? Portal Vendor, Bidder, etc..?

Check out the following notes, are related with SUS:

- Note 859304 - ROS- Master record synchronization of the vendors

- Note 889451 - Not Possible to register in Supplier self-registration

- Note 893714 - SUS30- Replication of bidding users from SUS to EBP

- Note 635085 - SUS_UM Self registration does not work

- Note 880735 - UME-SUS- error with administrational user creation

- Note 889451 - Not Possible to register in Supplier self-registration

- Note 1003820 - Supplier cannot be registered

- Note 779658 - SRM40-SUS-BP- Error during change of employee

I get more info about it, if you need any further help please acknowledge...

Regards,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can elaborate on this process. FYI we're on BASIS640, SRM SERVER 5.0 / SAPKIBKS10, SAPKB64019.

This is our current process:

1. Vendor registers in ROS.

2. BP # (1000524) is created in SRM, but this BP needs to be accepted in the Preselect Vendor Screen.

3. Once accepted, BP is converted to a bidder / vendor.

4. Run transaction BBP_SP_SUPP_INI to replicate the vendor from SRM to SUS.

5. A new BP # (1000525) is created for this same vendor in SUS.

6. User receives email w/ registration ID, visit SRMSUS_SELFREG page and creates an admin user, after which the admin is able to maintain the vendor data in SUS.

My problem is that when the maintainence of vendor data is done for BP 1000525 in SUS, this change is not reflected in SRM for BP 1000524. They are the same vendor, but now have difference data.

Thanks for the help. I will look into the OSS notes for our other registration problem.

PS I have awarded you some points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yo Derek,

I think that there are some differences between your landscape and mine...

In development enviroment i have the same box hosting both applications but different clients, and in production i have different boxes for SRM and SUS.

For me, the BP numbers are completly different from SRM to SUS, like 3000123 mapped to 1000756, and the replication is done thru XI proxies between both clients, so, in SRM i don't have duplicated info... since the replication is done to a different client in the same DB (in development enviroment).

Cuz it seems that you have SRM and SUS in a single client, thats why your numbers are duplicated and consecutive, is that correct?

check this note: 893714 - SUS30- Replication of bidding users from SUS to EBP.

This note creates an RFC that will be called from SUS to EBP to update changes and have data sincronization between both systems.

You will need to setup some parameters in SPRO to call this RFC from SUS.

Please acknowledge.

Regards,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, our SUS and SRM are on the same box under the same client, and unfortunately I don't have control over the architecture so I need to work with what I have.

We are on the same page in that BP numbers in SRM and SUS are different, this was different from what I had in mind, but this is fine.

I am able to make changes in SRM then run BBP_SP_SUPP_INI to replicate this information to SUS.

But because vendor company data is maintained by vendors in SUS, the logical flow of information should be from SUS to EBP. When I make changes in SUS as a vendor user, the changes are not reflected in SRM. Should this be an automatic process? Do I need to run a transaction?

I looked at the note 893714, and it seems to be for user maintenance and not business partner maintenance.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Business partner changes between SUS and EBP are transmitted automatically through XI mapping. Did you do the XI mappings ?

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, as i have said, i was able to use BBP_SP_SUPP_INI to transfer vendors from SRM to SUS. This requires XI mapping. So I see the XML message in SXMB_MONI in XI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it seems like vendor data updates from R/3 to SRM (TC BBPGETVD), then from SRM to SUS (TC BBP_SP_SUPP_INI) is pretty flawless.

But right now, for us the changes are made in SUS, and the backward flow of data from SUS to SRM is not working for us, and from SRM to R/3 is not working for us.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derek

Can you pl try this :

Pl unselect the check-box 'Use self registration component' in 'Settings for business partners' in SUS IMG and try

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unchecking that box does not allow my ROS process to begin. Vendors filling out the ROS form does not get updated in the Preselect Vendor screen.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fine, Derek.

Have not done SRM & SUS & ROS in same client before.

Will let you know, if I get any solution for this.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your efforts.

I just figured out that the SUS to SRM issue I'm having is an XI issue.

But I'm unable to solve the Vendor to R/3 update, as I know many others are having trouble with this problem too.

Seems like SRM 5.0 solves this problem but unfortunately, we're on SRM 4.0.

I have given you points for helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO the XI has been mapped back and forth between EBP and SUS, but the data transfer process is EXTREMELY glitchy.

Does anyone have a smooth running process?

I have some questions and issues after testing around for a day the functionalities.

1) Do you have to run BBP_SP_SUPP_INI every time you make changes in EBP for the changes to reflect in SUS. Shouldn't this be an automatic process after you've done this once?

2) When I make changes in SUS for a vendor, only sometimes, after clicking on Save in SUS, an XML message is passed to EBP (very unstable, does sometimes, doesn't other times). And when this happens, the vendor information in EBP is updated, BUT I am unable to edit this vendor in EBP anymore. Gives me an error "No data found for organization bpid" when try to edit in transaction bbpmainint.

Is anyone willing to just chat w/ me over this process on aim or something? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How you implement for ROS&SUS in one client SPRO->...-> Define Backend Systems?

Thank's

Answers (0)