Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC ARM 10: creating a request with multiple roles for approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client has approached me with the following scenario:

User A has opened a request for approval for multiple roles to User B.

The request follows a certain WF, but as we are talking about a few roles,

some are approved and some are rejected.

Please help me understand how should i customize this, as well,

what would be the scenario- will the rolls that are approved will continue automatically to user provisioning,

or will they be held back because of the rejected roles?

Thanks for Helping out

Michal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal:

If your auto-provisioning is activated, the roles that are rejected in the request will NOT PROVISION and will not hold back any Approved roles.  There is no special customizing that needs to be completed.

This is how ARQ works out of the box.  Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I have a few more Questions regarding that scenario....

1. One of the stages is role owner stage. meaning that each role for approval will go to different role owner. the Q is: will the request split, or will the same request be sent to all owners? if the same request be sent, will the request be pending till all approve, before it continues to the admin stage?

if the request splits, do i need to do any customizing activity?

2. after the role owners stage, the request should go to the admin. stage. while waiting for approval of the roles, will the request be pending till all roll owners approach the request? or will the request split into a few requests? will the administrator be getting requests named : X, X1, X2 etc?

Best Regards

Michal

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal:

The request will NOT split.  Each line item must be approved by an appropriate approver before it moves to the next stage.  If you have multiple role approvers, and you have the stage set to Any One Approver, then only one of the role approvers for that specific role needs to approve.

The administrator will only get one request.  The request will only  split out if you tell it to in a routing rule, but with multiple approvers in the same stage, the requst does not split.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kevin,

your answers were very helpful.

Regards

Michal

Answers (0)