cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help: Join between DPR_TASK and DPR_PROJECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know this topic has been discussed in other discussions, but I simply don't get it.
How can I join the tables DPR_TASK and DPR_PROJECT?

I would like to join them so that I can retrieve info about specific tasks regarding their start dates etc.

I already found out that I can do this with help of table CGPL_HIERARCHY.
Can please someone help and explain reaaaally detailed how do it?

Will add also a pic of the tables!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hello Dana

There is no direct relationship between DPR_TASK and DPR_PROJECT and you must use CGPL_HIERARCHY. We all know that the hierarchy table represents objects from different levels and link them together

Think of it this way. From task level, you need to go one level up to phase, and then one level up to project.

Try the following and use the fieldnames exactly as I mention them as this can get confusing. Take the GUID of an entry in table DPR_TASK. Now find the corresponding GUID in table CGPL_HIERARCHY (In other words same GUID value in both tables)

Now take the Project_GUID of the entry you just found in the step before and find the corresponding GUID in the same table - CGPL_HIERARCHY (In other words where GUID in CGPL_Hierarchy is same as Project_GUID in CGPL_HIERARCHY)

Now take the corresponding UP value from the result in your last search where task_level = 0. This GUID links to field GUID of table DPR_PROJECT

You should also be able to work this backwards

There might be an easier way so perhaps someone else can help

Hope this helps

Chatsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to do API to get the information. Other try passing the parameters to the various transparent table.

hey , Melvin suggestion on  BAPI_BUS2165_GET_DETAIL is for control plan, not sure this would help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use this to get the dates:

DPR_GET_GUID_BY_ID_FROM_DB

BAPI_BUS2172_GET_TREE

BAPI_BUS2175_GET_DETAIL to get the start/finish dates.

Regards,

Runjhun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dana,

Use BAPI_BUS2165_GET_DETAIL all the BAPI's in DPR_BUS2165 should help

Good luck!