cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Variant Material with Class n Char ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to variant Config.

I created Char, --> Class n dependencies.

Created KMAT material.

But i m confused how to link Materil to the Class or is there anymore i have to do for setting?

PL. guide.

thanks,

Roopan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appreciate your help. I did all the steps according to the SAP.img.com

But I m confused about at what step we have to create super BOM and how to link it to the material, class n all.

It would be appreciable if anybody have some docs with example.

pl help.

Thanks,

Roopan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You make a super bom using all the characteristics which are part of individual boms. A super bom contains all the characteristics that you have attached each bom wise.

Please have a look at these links

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm">Super BOM link 1</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm">Super Bom Link 2</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm">Super BOM Link 3</a>

Hope you find these links helpful. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the simple steps to follow to link the material to class. The steps also include set-up for creating material to assignment.

1. Create Material

Menu Path: Logistics – Materials Management – Master Data – Material- Create

<b>Transaction Code: MM01</b>

[Enter the material type as “Configurable Material”.

Ensure that check box “Material is configurable” is checked (i.e. MARA-KZKFG has value X) in Basic Data view]

2. Create Characteristics

Menu Path: Logistics – Central Functions – Classification – Master Data – Characteristics - Create

<b>Transaction Code: CT04</b>

All the required characteristics should be created before proceeding to next step.

3. Create Class

Menu Path: Logistics – Central Functions – Classification – Master Data – Class - Create. <b>Transaction Code: CL01</b>

Enter name of class.

Enter class type as 300 - Variants.

Enter description and other relevant details.

4. ASSIGN CHARACTERISTICS TO CLASS

Menu Path: Logistics – Central Functions – Classification – Master Data – Class - Change <b>[Transaction Code: CL02]</b>

<b>Note:</b> Assignment of characteristics to class can be done while creating class also, if all the characteristics are created before creating class.

Go to Characteristics tab and assign all the characteristics in sequence in which you want them to appear logically.

5. CREATE CONFIGURATION PROFILE

Menu Path: Logistics – Central Functions – Variant Configuration – Configuration Profile – Create <b>[Transaction Code: CU41]</b>

Material to class assignment is created via Configuration Profile.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if the solution is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can assign via CU41