Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uses of PFCG Roles Vs PFCG User Group in GRC AC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Need your advice on this.

How can we use PFCG Roles VS PFCG User Group in GRC AC 10.

Suppose i have 100 users in 4 locations, i.e 25 user per location.

For each Location

1user for SD, 1 user for PP,1 user for MM,1 user for FI,1 user for CO 1 Basis & 1 Security are approvers.

Now i have to send a notification to SD Person which is approver in each location so how i used PFCG Roles OR PFCG User Group to send notification.

If i used  PFCG User Group then  all person related to particular group[SD,PP,MM, FI,CO Basis &Security] got notification

How i solved this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sachin:

The use of either PFCG Roles or PFCG User Groups is an ALL or NONE scenario.  What you describe above is if I am an SD person in UK then my request needs to go to ApproverUK, if I am in Australia, then my approver would be ApproverAU.  The PFCG Roles or PFCG Groups scenario will not work for you in this instance.  This would be best solved by a BRF+ Agent rule utilizing a field that designates the attribute for location.

As an alternative, you can also have a programmer build you a function module to handle this scenario.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for info.

In case of PFCG User Groups an ALL or NONE scenario is occurred but in PFCG Roles how it is happen because when i used this PFCG Roles asked particular role for select.

So set of persons have authorization for a particular role they get notification.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin:

When you create an agent using PFCG Roles, you only get one role per agent ID to choose (similar to the PFCG User Group), and when you add that agent to the stage, you only get one approver to list, therefore all users with the role will get the request as the approver. 

PFCG Roles and PFCG User Groups function exactly the same except for what attribute you are searching for on the SU01 User Master.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kelvin for help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Could you please let me know what condition we need to select in BRF+ to pull the location from access request screen when we create a agent rule?

Zarina

Answers (0)