cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order invoice and credit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we create sales orders for installations (i.e. order type ZINS, with material A, qty 10 pcs) and we send materials to customers.

If (as in this case) some materials are returned to us (i.e. 8pcs), we create another sales order for the return with reference to the previous sales order (i.e. ZRET, with material A qty 8 pcs).

When we invoice in VF04, system doesn't take into account the material returned and creates invoices for the sales order (material A, qty 10 pcs) and credit memo for 8pcs.

Actually we invoice for 10pcs and create a credit memo for 8pcs.

We would directly create only an invoice for 2pcs and not two documents.

Thanks

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we create another sales order for the return with reference to the previous sales order

Create the return order with reference to original billing document for which, maintain copy controls for that.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that we create an invoice and credit memo after the return.

So we would create only an invoice for the difference (2pcs) between the quantity initially sent (10pcs) and quantity returned (8pcs).

System should propose automatically 2pcs for the invoice instead of 10 or 8

Thanks

Best regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that we create an invoice and credit memo after the return

Sorry I am not clear on this.  Is your process NOT like OR > LF > F2 > CR > G2 ??  If not, let me know how are you doing.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. We creates a sales order with 10pcs, then a delivery (10pcs) for the installation. We don't create any invoice.

2. After this we could receive a return and we create a return sales order with reference to the first one for 8pcs. We don't create any credit memo.

3. When the installation is complete, we create an invoice for the full amount sent (10pcs) and a

credit memo (8pcs) for the quantity returned to us (trx VF04).

We would do this in a different way, creating only an invoice at the end of installation for the difference (2pcs).

We would the system propose 2pcs in the invoice, calculating this automatically. VF04 proposes both sales order one with 10pcs and one with 8pcs (for the return) and we have to create two documents, an invoice for 10pcs and a credit memo for 8pcs.

Regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

I think you should use consignment stock for this kind of process. Please search the term consignment process in SAP SD and study this. In my opinion you should go for this.

If you need any clarification on this, do let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I used KB, KE and KA sales order document type.

Now I have some questions about this procedure.

I created a sales order document type "KB" for 10 pcs of a material and I posted the goods issue.

Now the next step is to move the stock to the "cust. consignment stock" but I don't know the right way to do this, What I mean is: what is the quantity I have to move in consignment stock? 10pcs (full amount)?

Or only the quantity the customer confirmed to use (8pcs) and for the remaining quantity (2pcs) create the return?

Thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If customer wants only 8 pcs then why did you dump stock as 10 pcs in customer location .

Note : Do issue 8 and pick up the 2 pcs .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

What is the scenario? If you are sure that customer will take all materials or full quantity then you dont need to create consignment order. Process with normal sale process with 601 movement.

If you are not sure about quantity then create consignment fillup order with 10 and post goods issue. Customer is sure about quantity then again create consignment issue order and post goods issue with 2 quantity. System will post this movement with 633 movement I guess. Create consignment pickup order for remaining 8 quantity and post goods receipt and this 8 customer consignment stock will come back to your unrestricted stock.

At this time I have no access of system so I am sorry if I am wrong with movement type and order description but I think I am not wrong.

Thank $

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for difference, as lakshmipathi said, follow the process, OR-LF-F2, with refrence to F2 create credit memo request, that is another order type re, change the quantity to 2, so based on RE you can raise billing that means credit memo RE.

if invoice is not dispatched,

rasise credit memo request RE with ref to OR and change qty to 2 and raise credit memo RE(billing for 2qty)

test and tell me these two scinarios, as lakshmipath said, be handy while configuring at copy controls.

warm regards,

jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the indications and I created a sales order 5123096 and the delivery 12120019 and the stock

was displayed in the customer consignment stock.

Then I created another sales order 5123097 and 16121107 for 10pcs and the consignment stock is being moved to customer.

After this I created a sales order 8120314 and the delivery 84000001 for the return of 2pcs.

Now when I execute VF04, system displays sales order 5123097 (10pcs) and 8120314 (2pcs) for the amount of 1000 and -200.

In this case I have to create an invoice and a credit memo.

I would only create an invoice for the difference.......

I'm again at the starting point

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Issue - Invoice

Returns - Invoice

how many issued ?  10 pcs  say as 1000 rs

How many returned ? 2 pcs  say as 200 rs

KE - LF - F2

based on F2,

KR - LR - G2

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

I don't know whether you are not getting my point or I am not getting yours

What I am trying to tell you is that you create consignment issue only for the quantity which customer has confirmed to purchase.

Example which I quoted above was Customer order 10 quantity and after that confirms that he want only 8 materials and you have to take back rest 2 units.

Process will be

Consignment Fill-Up KB VA01 10 Quantity

Delivery LF VL01N 10 Quantity

Here you can check the material in MMBE in Consignment stock. No billing will be created here.

Now customer said he want 8 materials and you can take back rest two.

Consignment Issue KE VA01 8 Quantity

Delivery LF VL01N 8 Quantity

Billing F2 VF01 8 Quantity

For taking rest 2 units in your unrestricted stock you will create

Consignment pick-Up KA VA01 2 quantity

Delivery LR VL01N 1 quantity

Read the Consignment process again and read my example and test again.

Thank$

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guest .,

Just go through Mozzam's post, it suits your requirements perfectly.

Read more about Consignment process & it willbe clear to you.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used KA, KB, KR as sales orders document type by copying these to ZKA, ZKB and ZKR.

For the last step (KR) I changed the delivery type to "ZLR" copying from "LR" so that system will manage the delivery as an inbound delivery and not as outbound.

I also used item position KRN copying to ZKRN.

Thanks

Best regards

Answers (0)