Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Idocs adapter issue : Idocs have not reached SAP R/3 frm SAP PI

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have our data center move from one location to another . And as part of the process, PI is still in OLD location and R/3 is been moved to new location.

And as part of post - DC move, we have a strange observation that for a particular day for 4 hours the idocs did not reach R/3 and were stuck between PI and R/3.

For example, partners sends an order message at 1:00 PM and PI process it at 1:00 itself but the ORDERS idoc is created in R/3 at 6 PM .

And i have checked IDX5 , and did all monitoring, but have got no clue as in IDX5 also, it shows that the idoc was created in R/3 at 1:00 PM , but when i check the idoc it shows 6 pm.

I dont know how to monitor the Idoc adapter in this case and  also to check , if the issue was at PI side or R/3 side.

Can you please  guide how to do the analysis.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check tRFC(sm58) on PI. That is the last queue where idoc's stored before they reach R/3.

So it is possible that in PI Monitoring everything processed well, but they are stucking in sm58 for some technical reason. This was fixed at 6pm ... so the processed and reach R/3 at this time

PS: you see only message actual processing in tRFC. No History.. so they might be empty now.

regards,

Robin

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Yes, thats right, The queue is empty now and thats the challenge to check what happened exactly.

Have you any idea about any IDOC adapter log or something like this  where we can find, if the issue was in PI or in R/3.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

you need to activate RFC trace for the SM59 Destination used by your IDOC port (idx1)

but this will not help you to find an issue from the past.

regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

forgot to mention where to find the RFC Trance when it is activated:

SM59 -> RFC -> Display Trace

regards,

Robin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think this must be the issue with the Receiver SAP system. As IDoc adapter stays in ABAP Stack, your SXMB_MONI Trace should be capable enough to provide you the Time when PI hands over the message to Receiver system. Please check the time stamp at Call adapter or after that: