cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking of secondary sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We want to capture secondary sales for our FMCG industry client, this means company sell to the distributor ( this is primary sales and is already mapped in SAP) , and distributor sells to the dealers which is a secondary sales, how  we can capture the sale of the distributor in SAP ?

i have gone through the earlier posts but there is no clear idea or solution given, if anybody has done this or have clear idea to map this secondary sales please reply

Regards

Ashutosh Singodia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Which sales invoice you want to post in your financials? Primary sales invoice or secondary? In standard there is only consignment process for this but you can create a Z application for secondary sale like we did in our case. There is a lot of work to do in this from ABAP side and testing from your side.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM,

Primary sale is being posted to financial.

secondary sales data capturing is to keep an eye on stock position at distributor godown.

can you please tell me in detail how you mapped this in your system, what input are required to give from our side to ABAP. ( we dont want to use consignment because we bill to distributor as soon as we dispatch to them)

Regards

Ashutosh Singodia

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

For this first of all you have to make sure that whether your distributor will provide you data of secondary sale or not?

If he is providing you data then you will be responsible for data entry? Distributor or your comapny's users?

If you are sure Bout above reservations, then you have to develop an application. Ask your ABAPER to use badi LE_SHP_GOODSMOVEMENT for moving materials in a Z table at the time of PGI. In this Z table you can maintain material number, batch/serial number, customer number, time/date or all other necessary information you required.

This table will be distributor wise stock. Now you will ask your ABAPER to create screens with required fields like distributor number (Customer number in SAP) Material number, quantity etc. Here There will be an additional field of whole seller number. You can maintain them as contact persons or separate customer with new customer account group. You can also maintain them in another Z table. See what ever is favorable for you.

When user will create order here stock in Z table will be updated.

This is a basic Idea. You can modify this as per your requirement but I have controlled secondary sale in this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great !

I just want more clarity on when the distributor make sale, how it will be updated in the Z table? suppose distributor person is making entry of goods sold, will he directly make entry in Z table of SAP or how?

Regards

Ashutosh Singodia

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

First of all tell me will you give access of your SAP system to your distributors?

When your abaper will create a z application he will use that z table to update data at the time of sedondary sale entry. Discuss the scenario with abaper, he will definitely understand the whole thing.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MozzaM for your inputs, yes we are planning to give access of SAP to distributors, for further process i will discuss with abapers

Regards

Ashutosh Singodia

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont, can you share the Details of this Query ( How you will be give the Logic to ABAPer on this to get the Correct output ).

Note : Logic is very Important here ( ABAPer always wants Logic first then he can able to do ).

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

i have to start work on this concept now...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These can solve your problem for tracking of Secondary Sales

Goto this link: http://www.pharmanet.in/product/secondary-sales-software/

A Next generation solution for all type of industries.

Few methods that can track SS and give flexibility on Operation and Accuracy on data.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont mind ,Can you tell why do you want capture secondary sales once sold that goods to dealers that were not related to Company right .

Note : If you want capture in Primary and secondary sales Invoices then Consignment Process is not suitable .

Through MB1B , we can withdraw the Stock from Company to Dealer and capture the MIRO .Once getting Materials from Company to Dealer then through SD point of view sell that Goods to Customer .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Secondary sales data is very important for some industries where marketing company wants to know where and how much demand is generating by the end consumers..... understand distributors or dealers are not end consumers...

Regards

Ashutosh Singodia

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashutosh Singodia Kindly clarify one thing when the distributor is placing more orders for your company then based on the distributor sales report your company can understand how much demand is there for particular product/s. You need not to wait till end customer how much he/she purchasing so and so product from your distributor so that your company can estimate how much demand is there for so and so product.

If the Product is not having demand the distributor itself will not order for the product right?

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have gone through the earlier posts but there is no clear idea or solution given

You wont any straight solution to this.  Because, you should be aware, once you post the goods issue with 601 movement type and raise a commercial invoice, the responsibility seizes with the seller.  This being the case, it is not possible to address this requirement.

You can ask the Business two questions:-

1. Whether the invoice on distributor should be treated as a sales or
  2. it can be treated as a non-sale and no impact on inventory

If the Business goes with the second one, then you can adopt consignment fill up process or MM-SD process.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Distribution Channel.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain how it can be mapped through Distribution channel?

my requirement is to map secondary sales... when the distributor sell goods to his customers i.e. dealers, i want to map that sales in SAP

Regards,

Ashutosh Singodia

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies.

I have only used Consignment with a sepcial SIS table for the mapping of PGI fron the distributor/dealer/retailer.

I guess maybe IS-automative or another IS may have a much better way to do this function.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Define specific sales document type for distributor (Distribution channel : 10)  and another Sales document type for Dealers (Distribution channel : 10)

Please let me know if you have any concern.