cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Incoming certificate decide whether Lot will be skipped or Inspection to be carried out.

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement from our client  as per below points

1) If the certificate is received from the Vendor during MIGO its confirmed that certi. received then system allow Auto UD but if it not recived then systematic inpsection with Inspection Plan is carried out. Is there such facility with std SAP in controlling Lot processing.

2) If in case of direct shipment to customer from Vendor , can we manage Lot creation in this case..I don't think its possible as goods are not delivered to client premises.

Please focus some light on this..Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Nag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On point 2:

There are two options.

1) If you are performing statistical GR upon receipt at customer, you can create an inspection lot with the normal 01 inspection type.  In this case, the inspection lot is not stock relevant, so you will get no stock posting tab in QA11.

2) Set up a source inspection for the vendor, and when a drop-ship PO is created from PR in Sales Order you can create an inspection lot from the PO in QI07.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Strange requirement.. if you receive a vendor CoA, no inspection but if not, inspection?

It seems that the QC always trust vendor's CoA.

Did you suggest the DMR process to your client? eg) one time inspection per month

2) If you have SAP recommended process for 3rd party drop ship, the account assignment of purchase order item should be 'sales order'.

If correct, as I know, you cannot manage 'lot creation' for account assigned item of PO.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kim/Maheswaran,

Thanks for your inputs, regarding point 1 I have some ideas please validate.

1. During MIGO if we confirm 'Cert. Enclosed' is NO, then Loot will be processed for results recording and but during UD it will throw error message as certificate is not not yet received.

Now I will set Auto UD for the material with Inspection plan with Optional MICs, hence Inspection lots created are processed by Auto UD for which  'Çert. Enclosed' is YES during MIGO. In case of other Lot for NO, Auto UD batch job fails as error during UD. Hence User has to carry out Results and UD manually...

Please validate this solution...

Thanks

Nag

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Double check but I believe for the Auto UD to work on an inspection lot, at least one result must be recorded.  I.e. the status has to have changed from REL to INSP at least.  Once in INSP status, if all characteristics are optional, the Auto UD will process it.  I haven't tried this for years but I think that is the case.

I believe the other option is too assign two plans.  One plan that uses DMR and where the DMR plan criterion is based on the inspection plan.  Add one characteristic to it.  After your first received lot, have the DMR go into a skip stage for 9999999 lots.

The other assigned plan would be the normal inspection plan.

Use the user exit for plan assignment at lot creation to pick the correct plan based on the value for if the COA was received or not.

Set up an auto UD job to process skip lots every hour. 

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't agree still with your idea.

The vendor's CoA is just evidence.

The quality inspection should be performed based on company's quality policy, independantly with vendor's document.

Anyway...

In my opinion, it will be hard to implement your process flow.

As I know, there is no user exit in QM to capture "certif. receipt" yes or no.

If you decide your way and implement successfully, please share the procedure later.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kim/FF,

My Idea is working and Just I would like to share..

I have used One Optional MIC in Inspection Plan, and  in Material master " With Task list, Automatic Assignment, Char. check, Auto UD,. Control Key for Cert. req, Certificate type, active QM proc.

During the MIGO If I select YES for Cert. Enclosed, then post the document. Inspection Lot created and picked by Auto UD job once the waiting time is over. Even though none of characteristics are recorded as these are optional MICs.

If I select NO for Cert. Enclosed, then post the document. Inspection Lot created and Auto UD job failed because of CTCM missing error. 

Please validate and suggest...Because my Client requirement is again different they do not want system to restrict UD in case of CTCM during UD..

Thanks

Nag

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That will work.  I thought from your original discussion you want two different inspection plans.

Keep in mind that since you make the MIC's optional, you will get no errors in the UD if a tech misses recording a test.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for some user exit at GR to check the certificate receipt. If the certificate is received, make the stock type as Unrestricted. If the certificate is not received, keep stock type as Quality Inspection.

I feel, based on certificate receipt, you can't make Automatic UD for the Inspection lot.

For your 2nd question, what is the process flow & goods movement flow you are following??