cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the completed Work item container details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a strange problem in workflow.

I have created  a shopping cart and it has reached N step approval stage.I forwarded the shopping cart using SWIA ( admin forward ).We have a Ztable where approval matrix is determined.I have changed the name of the person to whom cart is forwarded from the person who forwarded the cart.

For example Approver A supposed to approve but he is on leave so Approver B who is already not in the matrix need to approve.

So Cart at A is forwarded to B ( by any other person ). So i changed the approval matrix from A to B where ever it is applicable in the table.

Now cart is approved by B.

What i have observed is, details of  work item which was created when cart was forwarded, from A to B are getting deleted.So in the approval Overview pop up of the shopping cart i am not seeing these details ( Received on , processed on , forwarded by ).

If i don't change the Ztable these details are not getting deleted.And these details were intact till the approve button is pressed by the new approver ( Here it is B ).

Can some one throw some light why work item values are getting deleted.

Is there any way to retain those values or re write the work item container so that those values will be available in approval overview ( and for some reporting purpose also ).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you look in the workflow log (e.g. via tx SWI1) I'm sure you will find that the details have not been deleted.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

It is available in log and table SWWLOGHIST. But i want the same in work item container of that particular step.

Because details are getting erased in particular step

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You said "Received on , processed on , forwarded by" were missing. These aren't normally stored in the container unless you pass them there yourself. Is that the case here?

Could you give an example of what should be in the container and what is there instead?

regards

Rick