cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM syndication into ECC using BAPI for vendor master upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to upload vendor master data into ECC system from MDM syndicator using BAPI instead of syndiating a text file and uploading via LSMW. Is there any way to upload Vendor master upload from MDM syndicator to ECC using BAPI ? I would like to use the following fields for upload of the vendor master.

Vendor Number
Account Group
Title
Name 1
Search Term 1
Street
City
House Number
Country
City Postal Code
Region
PO Box
PO Box Postal Code
Language
Fax Number
Phone Number
Authorization Group
Trading Partner

Can anybody advise please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many options by which you can update ECC system with data available in MDM.

First way is to use ABAP API - which extracts data directly from MDM.

All below mentioned fields (hopefully available in MDM system) can be easily extracted through ABAP API. You just need to customize the ABAP API in ECC system based on your requirement(This is more of extracting data from MDM).

Secondly, MDM syndicates xml files that is picked by PI system and further sent via proxy to ECC system. Proxy is a transmitter generated in PI system and re-generated in ECC.

Namespaces & Software components that are built in PI system are also available in ECC system (Tcode:-SPROXY). These can be re-generated

in ECC system so that data is received from PI.

Thirdly, Usage of BDC is another option to upload data into ECC system.

Hope this information helps you!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your reply. When i execute syndication from MDM syndicator is there any possible way of uploading data directly into ECC, without manual intervention of generating into TXT file and loading via LSMW into ECC.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can explore the options with PI.

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello..

As similar to You do automate Import using Ports... similarly Do automate the syndication, where you need to create a port in console and prior to that have  a Syndication mapping and save the same into the port and have a workflow If u want to have a governance kind of thing, then if you allow record to pass through Workflow, the XML or text file will gets generate and PI will execute the syndication.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Certainly, This can be achieved through PI. As already explained perform following steps . Check with PI team member - he/she can give more detailed information on how to create proxy.

Process: Syndicated xml/txt file from MDM is picked by PI and further sent via proxy to ECC system. Proxy is a transmitter generated in PI system and re-generated in ECC. Namespaces & Software components that are built in PI system are also available in ECC system (Tcode:-SPROXY). These can be re-generated in ECC system so that data is received from PI.

There wont be any manual intervention since following steps can be set to automatic:

1. Syndication time of xml/txt file can be set to automatic

2.PI channel can be set to a specific time so tat xml file is picked from MDM & sent to ECC.

3.Same stuff can be achieved in ECC

There is no manual work here in any system.

Please check and let us know if any concerns.

Regards,

Ali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a Initial Load  ??

If  yes then due to huge number of records  , You can use ECC LSMW or other programs to upload data from the Files created by MDM Syndicator.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashok and girish,

I appreciate your reply, but is there any way to use a bapi for vendor master from ECC side  to link with MDM syndicator to upload data into ECC.

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is the case and If you are working with MDM, As soon as we execute Syndiacte and If automated syndication the Text or XML which gets generates, PI team will picks the files and Syndicates the same to ECC..

But I dnt think MDM Consultant look for PI part and sorry I am not sure with PI part..

Regards,

Girish

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know..you Have two ways to syndicate a data.

1) Import the data into Data Manager and using syndication maps get the data syndicated either in Text form or XML form.

2) Have a Pre-defined LSMW template and update data into that template and load into ECC.

others.....Kindly correct If I am wrong..

Regards,

Girish