cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSmobile with logon field authentication not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Have an interesting issue with ITSmobile  and the login method.  I have developed several ITSmobile applications at different sites without any issues.  However I appear to be having an issue using ITSmobile and the logon method field authentication in SAP BASIS release 7.00  ( support pack 11 )

If I run the test ITSmobile  service itsmobile00    but instead of using the standard log on procedure I use alternative log on procedure with just field authentication( which is what is required) and use the log on class CL_MOBILE_SYSTEM_LOGIN. 

1)When I log in .The screen appears as per ( screen shot 1)  . With white background and missing ICON's.  Not an ITSmobile screen.

2)If I then run the itsmobile00  with the standard log on procedure ( windows log on window ).  When I log on the screen appears as screen shot 2 as I would expect in ITSmobile format.

3)If i then run ITSmobile again  with alternative log on procedure and  field authentication  it now works as expected.  ( I can use any valid username and password  not just the one logged in at step 2 ).

Not sure what is going on  would appear  that something is not being authenticated correctly when logging on using just field authentication therefore the service is not running as an ITSmobile service.   However once authenticiation is successfull using standard log on procedure( or my hardcoding username and password against service)   then subsequent field authentication logon  works.  This will work for a period of time ( days ) before  it then reverts to the screen displayed in (1).  So not sure if there is a cookie being set or some other setting

So there is an issue with just using field authenication,not sure if there are any system profile parameters or other SMICM settings that need to be set to make this work.   So any thoughts ideas greatly appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update on this issue.  On further investigation it looks like when logging onto the ITS service using just field authentication  the ICM Server Cache is not uploaded with the required ITSmobile services

0 X /sap/public/bc/its/mimes/itsmobile/99/images/all/enter.gif&&&GZ=1&A6E90000&

1 X /sap/public/bc/its/mimes/itsmobile/99/styles/all/mobile.css&&&GZ=1&A6E90000&

2 X /sap/public/bc/its/mimes/itsmobile/99/images/all/saplogo.gif&&&GZ=1&A6E90000&

3 X /sap/public/bc/its/mimes/itsmobile/99/images/all/logoff.gif&&&GZ=1&A6E90000&

4 X /sap/public/bc/its/mimes/itsmobile/99/scripts/all/mobile.js&&&GZ=1&A6E90000&

However  if I logon to the ITS service NOTusing field authentication  ( standard logon procedure - windows pop up , or username/password directly assigned to service )  then the cache is loaded with the correct ITSmobile services  and  and subsequent logons to the ITS service using just field authentication will work as the server cache already has the required ITSmobile services.   

Is this an issue with the release we are currently on?  or is there some ICM settings  that need to be made. 

Does anybody now how I can force these entries into the server cache?

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Does this also happen for a non-ITSMobile service like the WEBGUI service when you use the "field authentication" method?

What are the handlers being used:

SICF Handler for the service "sap/bc/gui/sap/its/your_service"s

"CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS"?

SICF Handler for the service "sap/public/bc/its/mimes"

"CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS_MIMES"?

Follow two BC-MID-ICF note's have ICF corrections for SAP BASIS release 7.00  ( support pack 11 )

1058529 - Incomplete logoff for ITS applications

1039335 - Incomplete logoff from an ITS WebGUI application

Regards,

Oisín