cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS [CJ20N] - Still able to release project, but somehow "release is not possible" appears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I found a strange problem here in CJ20N.

I have one project that has these status (ACAS MSPT PCNF PRC  PREL RELR)

ACAS Activity account assignment

MSPT Material shortage

PCNF Partially confirmed

PRC  Pre-costed

PREL Partially released

RELR Release rejected

this means that I am still able to release the project.

I did checked the code and found out that my project status is released, but it doesn't appear in the system status.

Is there any suggestion?

Regards,

Robert - ABAP Developer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RELR is linked to MPST.

Look at Note 197343 for a similar situation.

Check the Material Availability checking control in configuration OPJK

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS is a hierarchy of objects.  You have to realize that in PS each object carries it's own system status and the status of higher level objects reflect the status of lower level objects.

PREL means that this object is not released but some lower level object is released.  REL means that this object and all lower level objects are released as well.  By releaseing an object the system will automatically release all lower level objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I understand that part.

I have checked all the lower level, all of them have been released, but somehow the top level can not be released.

I think it is because of the RELR (Release Rejected), so my network plan can not be released.

but I got an answer that it is beacuse of the PREL (Partially Released).

The strange one is from the code, I did debugging and I got status REL for my network plan.

I did check JEST table with the same objnr from the code and I got also I0002 (REL).

It happens only for one test case, all the other test case work properly.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can also check in JCDS table all status changes, not only the last ones.

Check if you find there something strange,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sara & Vijay,

I have visited JEST table and I couldn't find anything matched with a network plan.

Is there any difference between Project, WBS and Network plan?

I am not an expert in the SAP PS, could you please provide a specific detail for it?

I am a SAP ABAP Developer, I have checked the code but I think there is nothing wrong there, so I think that I could be a human error or a lack of knowledge.

How could I change the status manually?

If you know, how can I change the status from the code?

my current condition is I couldn't really debug it, because I have to release it from the GUI and from the GUI it is very far until It reaches the code for releasing.

If you have any other suggestion, thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Robert - ABAP Developer

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Network status should be stored also in JEST table. You need to retrieve the internal number from AUFK table and with it check in JEST table.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did debugged and I got a number from RESBD-objnr and then I went to JEST to check it.

I got the the result I0002 and it happened the same also with in the code that I added my network plan status is released.

But why is the status not stated there in the system status?

You mentioned before about standard and non-standard way.

the standard way is from EDIT --> STATUS --> RELEASE, right?

and what is non-standard way?

Thanks,

Robert

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which code is 'Not Started' and for whch object do you see?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't get it.

I checked my network plan's objnr from debugging the ABAP code.
then I checkedmy objnr in JEST table.

There is not "Not Started" code.

which object do you mean?

Regards,

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You said:

I got the the result I0002 and it happened the same also with in the code that I added my network plan status is released.

But why is the status not stated there in the system status?

Status I0002 is released....

Your issue was you have an object PREL... and it was released.,.. you need to check which values has in JEST for each object. project /wbs and network.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert

In order to retrieve the status of a  Project /WBS element, please select into table JEST by object number (JEST-OBJNR = PROJ/PRPS-OBJNR). This will give you an internal status code (JEST-STAT). Then go to table TJ02 with this internal code and select field TJ02-TXT04: this will give you the external status code.

Please Check and  Revert Back

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Status REL cannot be set at the same moment than status PREL. Check the status for your projet/WBS in JEST table, these are the codes

I0002 --> status REL

I0042--> Status PREL

This table is needed the object number, you can obtain it :

PROJ : project

PRPS: WBS

If your project has at the same time active PREL and REL this is an error. Do you change the status using the standard way or standard functions? It i not possible in standard.

It is normal that if the project hasboth status active don't show one of them....

Regards,