cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performing a Part Appraisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts.

I have a doubt with "Performing a Part Appraisal/Appraisal".

The documentation say:

Prerequisites

• The appraisal document has the status In Process.  
  • To enable a part appraiser to perform an appraisal online, the part appraiser’s user name must have been defined as the part appraiser when the header data of the appraisal document was created.

Performing a Part Appraisal  

1. In the browser, call the appraisal document for which you want to perform the part appraisal.  
  2. Assess the objectives in the part appraisal column. Enter your assessment of the level of achievement for the objective.  
  3. Choose Complete.
    Your entries are saved. The appraisal document now receives the status Part Appraisal Saved.

However the appraisal document has the status "In Process.", have the part appraiser have been defined as the part appraiser in the header data of the appraisal document was created.

In the ESS/MSS of the part appraiser "VILLA TORO GABRIEL" not appear in the list.

The appraisal document is in the MSS of the Gestor "URIBE GRAJALES PABLO EMILIO".

I attach the configuration in 4 files:

1. Category Group.gif

2.Appraisal Template.gif

3.Criteria Group.gif

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria ,

I would like to try assisting you, but I am not quite sure that I understand what the problem is:

If I understand correctly, you've created an appraisal document, in which you've defined three part appraisers, but in they cannot event their appraisal data in the ESS/MSS.

Is this correct?

If so:

1. First of all, I've seen that you've defined two people as self-appraisers – why is that? Every appraisal document should deal with one appraisee only, so you should assign only one employee to the ME-Self role (in your example, it's VELES GONZALES).
  2. If it won't solve the problem, please provide a screenshot of the Status Flow Tab within the Template (it's important to observe every step in that tab).
  3. Is this the first time you run the appraisal process? If so, are you sure you are using the correct iView in the ESS?

Regards,

Liran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow

I attach the flow.

Thanks in advance

Regards

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria ,

I will try to assist you, but please first answer the questions I've asked.

Regards,

Liran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liran. The question 1 was solved.

I have a question for the use of roles:

The documentation says: "using roles you can define the relationship

between the part appraiser and the appraisee in the appraisal

process. " And the "Roles allow you to restrict the part appraisal

authorizations for individual elements."

My doubt is How do the system for determine the roles of the

participant. For example:

Jefe1 have several employee in her responsbility area

(empleado1...empleado5).

Jefe3 is a boss of other organizational unit, and

Empleado10 is a employee.

But this 3 participants does part of the process evaluation.

The system determine Jefe1 as a Gestor (Appraiser).

And How determine to Jefe3? as part appraiser?

I dont understand if I should use the role "Self" or with the two roles

this should work fine?

I also need know How not allow the preparation of template for an

employee if this have an apprisal document open? Is posible this using

customizing?

Thanks in advance

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Regarding your first question:

You have to distinguish between 2 different phrases: Participant and Role:

• Participants are the actors who will be part of the appraisal process, such as: Appraisee, Final Appraiser, Part Appraiser and Further Participant.
  • Roles determine who will be permitted to participate in the process, such as: Self (the appraisee), colleagues, Manager, Higher Level Manager, suppliers, subordinates, etc.

When you customize an Appraisal Template, you set the authorization access to the template and it's parts for the combinations of Participants and Roles.

If I understand you correctly, you wish to create an appraisal document with three-four participants:

1. The employee (as an appraisee): empleado1...empleado5
  2. The Final Appraiser: Jefe1
  3. The Part Appraisers: Jefe2 and Jefe3.

Now regarding you questions:

• You should use the SELF role if you want the employee to participate in the evaluation.
  • The system has predefined roles, such as Higher Manager: try to create an appraisal document by T-code PHAP_CREATE_PA --> then when you add a Part Appraiser choose the role Higher Manager and press on the Default button and then the system automatically set the part appraiser as the higher manager of the employee (the manager's manager).
  • You can set default values to the part appraisers by using the BAdI: HRHAP00_DOC_DEF_DP. In your example, you can set both Jefe2 and Jefe3 as Part Appraisers.

Regarding your second question: I understand that you wish to prevent from creating two appraisal documents at the same time. In order to do so, open the appraisal template (PHAP_CATALOG_PA) --> in the template level open the Processing tab --> choose the proper value in the field "Appraisal Document Creation Check".

Good Luck!

Liran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attach other files

Criterio.gif

phap_admin_pa.gif

Thank in advance

Regards