cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object type not defined error while trying to add the attributes in SRM portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are trying to add shop on behalf of users to my user settings in SRM 7.01 after upgrade from SRM 5.0 ( it is worked fine). we would select requistioner from the attribute drop down and add new line then type in the value box in all caps US followed by the persons SAP user ID. Then we are trying to Save the new entries then we are getting the new error message as "Object type not defined". This error is occurring the changes while trying in Portal. Not in the SRM back end system.

Please check and suggest me . Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sada,

Based on your screen shot, It looks like you are getting error in User Settings? Not at the time of Shopping cart Creation? Could you please confirm the same... Govardhan what explained to set up attribute is mainly used when you are creating Shopping cart on behalf of with Operational Procurement shopping cart functionality.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

Yes, I am getting this error in My setting. We need to shop for other user and I am trying to add that user through the attributes  "Requisitioner" in my User Setting (SRM User Settings/My settings tab) and receiving this error message as  "Object type not defined". in the portal. But when I am trying to add the same user in PPOSA_BBP - "Requisitioner" attributes without any issues.

Please suggest me how to fix this issue.

Regards

Sada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sada,

Just a quick question as you said you guys used to do the same in SRM 5.0 but now in Upgraded landscape you are not able to perform the task, Do you guys have checked the Roles which is assigned to user? The reason i am asking is To allow user set up their own attribute you have to define Authorization object access. If you have not done that part in SRM 7.0 upgrade and assigned standard SRM 7.0 roles then you may have problem.  Please verify the same.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sada,

You can check the  "Requisitioner" attribute in PPOMA_BBP from user who is creating the cart .

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

Thanks for the update.

I am able to add the "Requisitioner" details in PPOMA_BBP in SRM Back end. but I am getting the error in SRM portal.

Regards

Sada