Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman 7.1: Back-Destination created with errors

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Im trying to configure my managed systems in solman 7.1 (06) and i get stuck at point 3 "Connect Managed Systems".

I configured 4 systems and two of them got a problem with the back-destination.

The users in solman and in the managed system have got "SAP_S_RFCACL".

When i try to create the back-destination i get the following error:

No information in st22 or sm21.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please check the connection test in sm59 f managed system, what is te error,

Other than that, make sure etc/services file in soliuton manager host, has managed system message server entry.

Please update.

Thanks

Jansi

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

hi richard, hi jansi. thank you for your answers.

the solman_setup didnt creat anything in the managed system - so i cannot test the connection.

when i create a rfc manually and directly in the managed system with my user for login i get no errors.

trying to create a trusted destination with the solman_setup i get also the error:

"Unexpected error creating trusted relationship. See long text"

and

"Check and correct the trusted relationships of the managed system.
Use transaction SMT1.
Ensure that the SAP Solution Manager system is known to the managed system as
a calling system."

But i didnt do that for the other systems i connected to the solman?

Do they need a trusted-destination before configuration over solman_setup?

and here is my entry in /etc/services

pg /etc/services | grep sapmsBT1

sapmsBT1        3600/tcp        # SAP System Messaging Service Port

thank you

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

maybe this is just a bug or as Jansi stated etc/services is missing entries or a information is missing or whatever. Anyway, the information about the BACK destination is not stored in solman (LMDB or SMSY), only the connections from solman to satellite system are relevant. As far as I know the BACK destination is not a must to create a trusted relation. If you need a trusted relationship you should maintain it via SMT1.

So, if the READ connection and is working and you can create the BACK destination in BT1 manually and it's also running without problems.. I guess it's fine... Maybe you can test whether you can update the data (e.g. user or pw) for BACK destination via the solman application for the manually created connection.

We had a similar issue in one of our solmans.. until now we could not see any side effects after doing it manually in backend.

Regards, Richard

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

thank you - regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

INFORMATION_FAILURE is a return value of different RFC function modules. It's basically shown when there's missing/wrong input data. Did you test the creation of the BACK RFC destination directly in BT1?

Regards, Richard