cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating BW Process Chains with BusinessObjects Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have to integrate one of my Webi publication with BW process chains. I want this publication to run only if the process chain is successfully finished.

I am following an article :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c09033ab-4593-2e10-5fa0-b23bcfa15...

The concept used here is to trigger an event in Business objects on creation of a file which will eventually trigger the publication. The problem I am facing here is my BW application server is based on UNIX whereas my Business Objects server is windows based. I am not sure if a file could be written in cross platform environment i,e a file from BW(UNIX) to BOBJ(Windows) cant be placed according to my basis consultant. Can you guys give me an idea how to achive this in my present scenario.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there an equivalent Unix event?   i searched Google, and got some hits for fwd'ing events from Unix to Windows. Did you look around?

Regards

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Actually I am not really looking for Unix events but looking at the ways to create a file from (SAP BW)Unix to windows. I did look around in google and found few ideas but all of them would fail when it runs in background.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Not exactly what you are looking for but, we have a similar setup here and we use a product called connect direct to do the transfer from Windows to Unix or Unix to Windows

The client I work for already had the connect direct software as it was a standard way of moving files here. It also allows for the file to be deleted first to trigger the BOBJ event viewer.