SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving of Sites Without Partner Data

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

The archiving object SARA > WS_ACSITE presumes that you have flagged the site for deletion (T001W-ACHVM) and set a closing date (WRF1-SCHLD) in transaction WB02 / WB06.

I have some sites, which must be archived. These fields are not set. But I can't change the settings in WB02 / WB06, because vendor and customer records are missing.

What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your attempts.

In my case, the sites has been taken out of use long time ago (up to 1998). I believe that's the reason why sites without customer and vendor existed at all in our SAP Retail.

This Doesn't Work

SAP Best Practice for copying sites across systems is transaction BD12. However, in our case the customer and vendor were set up incorrectly in all systems. There was no system for making a correct site master data setup. Evenmore, if the site had been created correctly in at least one system, BD12 requires partner profile setups and workarounds for several user exits in our case.

The iDoc strategy DEBMAS07 is not released yet by SAP, as far as I know.

Transaction WB07 cannot be used, if the customer data is missing.

The outdated SAP strategy with transaction WBTE (for export) and WBTI (for import) also requires a complete site with customer and vendor in at least one system.

This Works

This solution is awful and disregards all rules, but it works:

1. Generate a file from a correctly created site with WBTE.
  2. Open the file in a real text editor (better than NotePad). Replace all occurences of the site key with the site to be archived. Save the file.
  3. Import the data with WBTI. This leaves a lot of incorrect site information, but at least you now have a customer and vendor.
  4. Open the site with WB02 and set the closing date and archiving flag.
  5. Archive the site with transaction SARA.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is the Site Customet missing?  We're Site objects archived out of order?

Using LSMW  you could process a DEBMAS IDoc to create the site customer. Or use BD12 to send the site customer from another client if the same site exists in another system/client  

Then the Site archive would have the proper objects and Site Archiving could proceed in order.

Paul Gendreau

SAP Retail Inc

0 Kudos

The sites have not been used the last 14 years. There might have been other rules for customers and vendors at that point of time.

BD12 is not an option, because the sites are identic across our clients and systems. I try with LSMW.

0 Kudos

Perhaps I misunderstand your reply, but you say that the sites are identical across your landscape.  If the same site number exists in another client then sending the site customer using BD12 would be the easiest option.   Perhaps you meant to write not identical, in which case I see your point.

If you do use LSMW then you will find that very few segments need be populated in order to post the DEBMAS07 IDoc for this purpose.   After all, the only need here is to create the most basic shell of a customer master.

0 Kudos

The sites are identical: None of them has a site customer.

I will consider DEBMAS07 and return with an approval, if it works. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Try creating the customer (XD01), and assigning it to the site (WB07). you can archive afterwards.

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your attempts.

In my case, the sites has been taken out of use long time ago (up to 1998). I believe that's the reason why sites without customer and vendor existed at all in our SAP Retail.

This Doesn't Work

SAP Best Practice for copying sites across systems is transaction BD12. However, in our case the customer and vendor were set up incorrectly in all systems. There was no system for making a correct site master data setup. Evenmore, if the site had been created correctly in at least one system, BD12 requires partner profile setups and workarounds for several user exits in our case.

The iDoc strategy DEBMAS07 is not released yet by SAP, as far as I know.

Transaction WB07 cannot be used, if the customer data is missing.

The outdated SAP strategy with transaction WBTE (for export) and WBTI (for import) also requires a complete site with customer and vendor in at least one system.

This Works

This solution is awful and disregards all rules, but it works:

1. Generate a file from a correctly created site with WBTE.
  2. Open the file in a real text editor (better than NotePad). Replace all occurences of the site key with the site to be archived. Save the file.
  3. Import the data with WBTI. This leaves a lot of incorrect site information, but at least you now have a customer and vendor.
  4. Open the site with WB02 and set the closing date and archiving flag.
  5. Archive the site with transaction SARA.