Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP HWC: Workflow application and container version management

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I did a SUP HWC application,

We are going to roll out the application in production (number of user 10000)

Now I need to understand,

Best way of “workflow application” and “workflow container” version management in SUP?

In my landscape we have Airwatch, can I use it for “workflow container”  version management?

Any reply will be appreciated.

NOTE: We are not maintaining any users in SUP

Thanks in advance,

Lakshman Balanagu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here are some of the issues you may encounter deploying your app to 1000 users.

1000 users will need to have the Hybrid Web Container installed.  Then those 1000 users will need to configure the settings screen to connect to the SUP server and to provide their user name and password or activation code. 

The Hybrid Web Container is available on the app store so one option would be to have the users download it from there.

Another option would be to use a tool such as Afaria to have the Hybrid Web Container be installed and configured automatically.  I am not familiar with  Airwatch perhaps it does something similar.

Finally the hybrid app will need to be deployed to the 1000 devices.  I am assuming Afaria would also be able to help with this as Eclipse and SCC are not setup to easily deploy to many users.  (You can use  a comma separated list in Hybrid App Generation wizard).

Once the hybrid app is deployed, and assigned to users, a new version can be deployed to all the users by simply redeploying it from within Eclipse.  IE, you do not need to reassign the app to new users if you are redeploying.

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

10,000 users not 1,000 - but good reply

It's true that Afaria is a better match for Hybrid Web Container because it will configure the HWC initial setup, very important when you have 10,000 users !

Airwatch has similar capabilities to Afaria, but you would need to recompile the HWC source with the Airwatch SDK in-order to configure it remotely.

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel and David

Thanks for reply.

As per your reply below is my understanding.

Workflow container:

for workflow container version management we need to use Afaria. In our case we already editing the workflow container source code and providing the default settings.

One more clarification here, I need to deploy the container to BlackBerry device also.

when i am search on this topic. I find feature OTA (on-the-air) of BES(BlackBerry Enterprise Server) .

But my doubt is for BB, whether I need to use BES or Afaria?

Workflow application:

How to deploy workflow for 10000 users is there any automatic assignment is possible?

In our case, I am deploying the application from SCC. If I do any changes I am changing the version.

When redeploying workflow application high version from SCC. It is not overwriting the lower version.

Please find the screen shot for details.

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

The SUP HWC app itself you will need to control from Airwatch.

The deployed MBO and workflow applications are best controlled using the package version number. (Called target version on screen shot)