Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in transporting planning area with key figure

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added a standard keyfigure(9ADMDP1-Sales Order) in the planning area for a macro change in development environment.

I then transported the planning area to quality using standard transaction/sapapo/tsobj. However in quality I cannot see the keyfigure added in planning area.

In interactive planning book(SDP94) it gives an error "Planning area does not contain key figure 9ADMDP1".

Please suggest on how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Alok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not such a bad thing to just manually add the KF to the PA. There is even a report to do that, on the Planning Area transaction.

Functions available under the Extras Menu

Key Figure Settings

Here you can change the properties of the key figures of a planning area, if the planning area has already been initialized. You can also add or delete key figures. However, you can only delete key figures that are no longer used in planning books, data views, macros, or demand forecasts. You can find out in which objects a specific key figure is used with the where-used list.

Only experienced users should be allowed to delete key figures or change key figure properties in initialized planning areas. If you make changes here, the time series objects have to be adjusted directly in liveCache and in the database. Since these changes are time-consuming, we recommend that you make the changes to key figure properties in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

This has happened with me in the past. 

Just making sure, but do make sure to transport the whole thing together including the planning book, planning area and the following checkboxes:

• With data source transport
  • With InfoObject transport ( key figure & Characteristic)

I am attaching the screenshot with the necessary settings

Also make sure to deactivate the Planning area in the source and destination systems.

Let us know if it works

Regards

Chuck11

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

I tried transporting again with changes you suggested in the screenshot. But still key figure is not showing in planning area.

Regards,
Alok

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Have you deinitialized the PA before moving your transport request? If it is not done, the key figure will not be added to the PA. Pl check your transport request release log for any error/warning messages.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

If you have tried my earlier options and it did not work , then it seems like there is some problem with the infoobject regeneration. Please try the below programs in se38 one by one :

1) RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE

2) RSDG_MPRO_ACTIVATE

3) RSDG_ODSO_ACTIVATE

Also, try the program /SAPAPO/SCMB_PSTRU_GEN in SE38 to regenerate the MPOS after transporting any changes to the destination server.

If this also does not work, then raise a note with SAP and they will provide some program/ note to fix the issue.

In my case , they provided the above mentioned programs and it fixed my issue , but in my case it was a DP planning area and the Key figure was not standard, so I ran one more program : RSDG_CUBE_ACTIVATE.

Hope it helps

Regards

Chuck11

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone. Issue was resolved after deinitialization of Planing area in destination systems and then re transporting the KF again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,,, this is an old thread but i am facing the similar problem.......

So does it mean we need to deinitialization of Planing area in both source and destination system and then perform the transporting task???

thanks for your reply,

bharati

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharati,

Since deinitialization of planning area was resulting in loss of data - we just moved the key figure to destination system and then added the key figure manually in the planning area by going to Change key Figure Settings through MSDP_ADMIN.

Regards,
Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the Planning Area in the destination system is deinitizalized, (with all time-series objects deleted).

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you transport the PA the key figure is automatically assigned to it also.

But you do have deinitialize the PA first like Rafael says.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

There is a thread with similar issue

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1118750

Not sure if this solves your issue but neverthless would be helpful for you.

Regards,

Anurag

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for the thread.

It says first I need to transport the key figure separately and then planning area.

Any suggestions how do I transport this newly added keyfigure(this is a standard keyfigure) separately?

Thanks,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is a standard key figure, the infoobject is already in the target system (did you look for it in RSA1?) and the next step is to transport both the planning area and the planning books that containt it  with /SAPAPO/TSOBJ. Then, check in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN that your keyfigure is there, then do the same with the planning book.

thanks,

J.

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Key figure is there in RSA1 in destination system. Also I transported planning area that contain it with /SAPAPO/TSOBJ. But still that key figure is not appearing in the planning area.

Pleaes guide,

Thanks,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

When the keyfigure is already present in the destination system you can  add that key figure in your planning area and I think that should solve your issue.

Regards,

Anurag

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I can see the key figure present in destination system and as you are mentioning need to manually assign to planning area. But when I ned to move it to Production, again I have to manually add keyfigure to planning area??

There is no other way where planning area is transported along with keyfigure instead of doing it manually

Regards,

Alok