cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Unable to find a tool to process the request" when trying to create a MDR proxy from transaction SPROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

when I try to create a MDR proxy from transaction SPROXY, I get the error "Unable to find a tool to process the request". Please see the screenshot attached. Does anybody have a hint, what the problem might be? Is there any customizing missing? Configuration to the ESR is working...

Thank you very much for your reply!

Kind regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

right click on the proxy and "create proxy" does not work either ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

Navigate to the Interface from sproxy and right click and create proxy.

Thanks,

Satish.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal and Satish,

thank you very much for your replies!

I could create a proxy from a service interface which is already existing via "right click". But actually I have to create the proxy from an external WSDL file (*.xml), which is locally on my harddisc. Therefore there is no interface visible yet in the SPROXY.

Actually I just found out, that I was able to create the proxy from the SE80, which obviously worked well (proxy not yet testet but generated and activated). The mentioned error is still strange...

Thank you and kind regards

Thomas

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Without having a Service Interface and creating a Proxy from 'SPROXY' transaction your ABAP Proxy scenario might might not work. Create an External Definition and add your WSDL file in it. Then create an Outbound Service Interface and add this External Definition within that. Now you would be able to see the SI in your SPROXY of SAP. Create Proxy by right click, activate and write the ABAP code at SAP side (SE38 Transaction which will call the Outbound Proxy) using this SI / WSDL structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

thank you for your reply. I will test the solution at monday.

Kind regards,

Thomas

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

You can create a proxy directly from ABAP without having the objects in XI. See this document:

http://www.sapdev.co.uk/sap-webapps/sap-webservices/ws_abapproxy.htm

But if you want it to pass PI, you have to do the suggestion of Nabendu.

Hope this helps,

Mark