cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible, a RFC-Lookup populates 2 or more Variables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working in PI 711 SP06.

What I want to do is simple:

In graphic mapping, i want to feed 2 or more Variables that I used for the other targets fields, by using one RFC-Lookup.

But it does not work.

Details about what i did:

With right-click on a Segment I created 3 Variables i.e., V1, V2 und V3.

When I drap V1 to the graphic Editor, it appears as Target-Filed. So far so good.

But, when I drag the furtuher variables, i.e. V2 and V3 into the Editor, they became to Source Fields.Why?

Could anyone tell me how can I make it?

Thanks

Rene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I found a trick to resolve it.

At first, you can map the RFC-Lookup output1 to anyone of target fileds, say, its name is Dummy1

After that, double-click on a Variable, i.e., V1. Now the V1 will appear in the editor area alone. Drap the target filed Dummy1 into the editor area. The existing RFC-Lookup would also come with the Dummy1 together. Then you drap the output2 of RFC-Lookup to the V1.

Now you double-click on V2. Using the same trick you can get V2 and complett RFC-Lookup with output1 to Dummy1 und output2 to V1. Now you can replace Dummy1 with V2.

I tested it. It works.

Oh, what for a trick. Hopely it would be optmized in PI73.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Thanks and Regards

Rene

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

It is because of that you are trying to create second variable in the same editor, then it will take as source.

Please try to do one by one like.

First  map V1 with respective surce field or RFC Lookup out field.

Then you try to double click on the V2 and map as per the above one.

Then you try to double click on the V3 and map as per the above one.

It works good I hope.

Regards,

Sreeni.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rene,

When you create variable then there are different ways it can be used in the mapping.

If you double click on them , they will apear as target fields in Mapping Editor but if you drag them to Mapping Editor they become Source fields.

Thanks

Anand