Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP HWC: Data is not flowing from Listview --> "Listview Details Screen"

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing a HWC application.

In that I have 2 screens "My_Requests" and "Request_Details".

To show "My_Reuqests" I am using Listview UI element.

In "Request_Details" (Listview Details Screen) I am calling custom action to get the total details of the request.

(NOTE: I am calling custom action method in customAfterShowScreen )

out of 100 times 5 times data is not flowing to "Request_Details" screen

We are not able to reproduce the scenario also.

Please find the attached workflow log file and word document with screen shots

(word document download link: http://www.ziddu.com/download/21618430/ListviewDetailscreenissue.docx.html)

In logfile below statement is showing empty request no, while calling  custom action menuItemCallbackRequest_DetailsGetDetails();   

20130218T080659.754|4|AskHR APP:19 -- value 'EVO_ListOfHRReq_ListOfHRReq_Id_attribKey' is []

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Lakshman Balanagu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

The message coming in from the client isn't passing anything for that value.  As you can see in the message:

Data(In): <M><H></H><S>Request_Details</S><A>GetDetails</A><VS><V k="EVO_ListOfHRReq_ListOfHRReq_Id_attribKey" t="T"></V><V k="_old.EVO_ListOfHRReq.ListOfHRReq_Id" t="T"></V></VS></M>

the text value is empty.  You'd need to look at the custom action and the values on the screen at the time it was invoked to determine why it was empty.

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, It is not empty always

very rare, it is happening.

I am not able to understand, why it is become empty.

Recheck log file,  before below statement

<M><H></H><S>Request_Details</S><A>GetDetails</A><VS><V k="EVO_ListOfHRReq_ListOfHRReq_Id_attribKey" t="T"></V>

From below statement:

20130218T080405.106|4|AskHR APP:19 -- Data(Out): <M><H></H><S>My_Requests</S><A>My_Request</A><VS><V k="LoginUser_Id_Key" t="T"></V><V k="LoginUser_Language_Key"

You can see data for My_request screen.

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid I really can't speculate with only access to the server-side WorkflowClient trace logs.  The problem, as I mentioned, is happening on the client, so you'd need to do diagnosis on the client-side to figure out why the value of the EVO_ListOfHRReq_ListOfHRReq_Id_attribKey key was empty.

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, now I understand.

could you please help to fix the client side issue.

what are the log files I need to check?

any debugging tool available to debug client application?

Thanks,

Lakshman Balanagu.

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

For a problem which is only reproducible 5% of the time, I'd recommend a logging strategy.  Modify the relevant JS to include calls to logToWorkflow(), redeploy, run until it fails, get the Client Trace logs for that Application Connection, examine them to determine why the key was empty in that run but not in the other runs.