cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superscript printout error in MSDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We are facing the superscript error for few languages while printing the MSDS.

In English, it is working fine but not working for few languages. As shown below, for English, superscript 3 is correctly refelecting. But, for Portuguese some 'l' character is coming ( which is Wrong ) and for Russian, some 'i' character is getting printed ( which is again Wrong)

can you please guide me , what need to be correct here to overcome this problem.

Thanking You,

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

UOMs in WWI report are "painful" and "tricky". I try my very best to explain it on "high level".

1.) example: you have a characteristic in EH&S called "Value" (for e.g. density).

2.) this characteristic is related to a "UOM". UOMs are defined in SAP basic cutomizing. Now the UOMs need translations per language to be used in WWI (I struggle my self always which table to look at is the right one)

3.) now you can/will define the UOM only as "g/cm3" and not as "g/cm³"

There is now easy way in WWI o print the "g/cm3" as "g/cm³" in all languages and what is important you need to use a "suitable" font to do so.

First guess: please check your UOM. This kind of set up (in relation of WWI) is quite tricky

Second guess: if you have removed the topic you should use ""g/cm3" in any language. I have never found a suitable way to get the "³" shown in WWI. You will have the same problem if you need to print "²" for e.g. somthing like 100 m²

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I would like to convey you that, I do not want g/cm³, even g/cm3 is also fine with me. 🙂

but as i shown, for PT and RU, i am getting g/cml & g/cmi respectively.

how to overcome this issue?

Kindly Advise.

Thanking You !

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chirtoph,

Thanks a lot for such a elaborative mail.

The CUNI translation is all there as shwon below

still in output getting it incorrectly 😞

Now I feel that, this issues seesm to be at Template, WWI Server or User Level.

Do you also feel so? what could be more I can check now...

is anythign to be checked at WWI.INI or WWIlayout files for Unit of Measure or for PL-Polish language enablement at WWI level something...

Kindly Advise

Amol

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

ok; it seems to be that we can exclude UOM as the reason. Let's try this:

1.) Check WWI template; make sure that you have used the SAP standard symbol to retrieve/print the data and not customer specific one

2.) Use "Report from template" with the generation variant/language combination and a specification with suitable data and check on local client the files which are passed on by SAP. You should find something like "*.val", "*.dat" etc. in a folder on your client which are used for the local WWI process; please check the "*val" files (so called value file): Here you should find 9 g/cm3. Now check how it is shown here !

3.) If you find 9 g/cm3 in the value file independent of language then you need to check deeper the WWI layout and WWI.Ini

4.)

a.) check which font is related to the corresponding WWI symbol

b.) check the wwi.ini (topic of UNICODE (refer to OSS notes below)

c.) check some OSS notes related to Unicode WWI" set up (refer below)

d.) check which WWI version you are using (use if possible alwys recent version; refer below)

These OSS notes are important in the context of WWI (or can help in future problems)

May be you can find the issue.

C.B.

PS: normally such effects come up "only" using RU, ZF, ZH, TH and other eastern languages; PT is west europe; nether had a issue here in the past

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chirstoph,

Thanks for the reply and guiding on the correct direction.

After deep digging, today I found that, the same symbol, template, specification is working fine for "Calibri" font and the same is NOT working for 'Arial" font.... so i think we got root cause...

but now the next question is that, why for 'Arial' is it not working? any guideline? what should i correct for the same

One more point, As we know, most of the Font related setting for WWI is in WWI.ini so i looked in it but unable locate things..

is anyone aware, which part in WWI.INI i should check to overcome this issue?

or am i suppose to check any other part of WWI for the same

Kindly Advise

Thanking You

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

ok; story of Fonts... (normally I would assume if we are talking about g/cm3 or g/cm2 it should work with Arial and Calibri and I just execute a small test: "²" can be displayed in Arial and Calibiri

I try my very best:

In one of the OSS mentioned above (If I remember correct) the use of "fonts" in WWI layouts is discussed. Actually the recent status which I have regarding that is: one font which can be used in any case is: Arial Unicode MS

This font supports nearly any character of any language worldwide. Now you could try to use this:

a.) stay with the font situation otherall an d try to create a "if/else" structure in WWI layout to "detect" language etc. and enter the same WWI construct many times and try to format the part correct (use the "correct" font) (not preferred)

b.) use overall Arial Unicode MS font (not nice font but will work; i am pretty sure)

c.) or try to figure out which alternative font support your demand (not easy but possible).

Keep in mind: if you would like to use the same layout "worldwide" (e.g. with Thai, Traditional Chinese etc.) then ARIAL Unicode MS is the best option

In WWI.Ini there is one parameter which tries to find the "font" based on language of WWI report. I believe it is mentioned either in the OSS notes as referred above or in Customizing (set up of WWI).

C.B.

PS: it is strange that PT does not work ! as mentioned: normally Font issues come up only with eastern languages; what is the content of Val file? in any cas the same or different per language?

PPS: check may be: http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-EHS_SR_225_25

I found

http://www.consolut.com/s/sap-ides-zugriff/d/e/doc/YC-EHS_WWI_AND_UNICODE

An english version should be available as well.

May be

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=961026

could help as well

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

sorry. I forgot to mention one further important topic. You must ! make sure that the RFC connection between SAP and WWI Servers is "Unicode" enabled (please refer may be to WWI cookbook etc.) or later on you will get may be further strange results. This need to be done per system and server connection and can be an issue as well

C.B.

PS: SAP (and former TechniData) did their best to make WWI Unicode enabled. But if new WWI SP is to be installed locally and on WWI server or a new WinWord version should be installed etc. it is alwayse a good !! idea to execute "retests" regarding the correct selection of Fonts etc. and this topic can really get you "cracy" and you should prepare tests in any language (most critical are eastern one as japanese, thai, chinese, but as well east european languages) and especially you should retest labels ! (e.g. dynamic font sizing !)

PPS: if you are planning to use later languages as e.g. hebrew or arabic: you could get once again strange results; please check always SAP marketplace and the check the OSS notes as listed above (may be not a complete list)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

may be helpful as well: refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/db/9c07c414fb11d494b9080009b98822/frameset.htm

Chapter: Process Diagrams for Report Creation

Here the "story" regarding WWI reports is explained. This is really the "big picture" needed to understand the link of SAP EH&S with WWI and e.g. DMS etc.

C.B.

PS: if you are using an "Archive" instead of DMS the stroy is only a "little" bit more complex but still the same; only difference is, how the WWI layout etc. are handled SAP internally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Problem resolved.

For Superscript, we have adopted a separate coding  / lines in WWI.INI file and now it is working fine.

Thanks a lot Christoph for your great support.

Regards

Amol

Answers (0)