Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in Import Server using XML!!!

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Loading huge XML file through Import Server...when checked the log through Auxiliary Server Showing some errors(Say line number 1234.....error)...is that mean when I clear all those error Data appear in Data Manager? or It skips that line and the remaining data will flow into Data Manager?, because I am not able to see Records even the file has minimal errors.

Regards,

Girish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

When you trying to load huge xml file (say of size ~ 50 Mb) , there seems to be some exception because of which few records are getting skipped. Can you please tell if all records are unavailable in MDM even after file is processed successfully?

If all records are not imported then its probably Structural exception error where the incoming xml file might have error !

If there are only few records that are unavailable in MDM, then its more of Value exception error.

Will it be possible for you to try loading xml file through import Manager to examine these errors?

Please share snapshots if possible.

Regards,

Ali

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

Thanks..

Could you please elaborate...mean exact working of Import server if we use XML file..

Will the Import server first scans entire data and later start pushing the data into Data manager?

Or

As soon as it scans a data it will push data??(If it has any error it skips that and process the next)..how exactly works??

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Girish,

I would say import server functionality is based on schema structure and values available in xml file. Although i am not sure on its scanning procedure but i guess its structure and then values available in a file.

For ex: If a xml file is getting processed through import server, first structure of xml file must be scanned - compared to xsd file that is loaded in console. Secondly, import server will go-through the values in source file and destination (considered only when maps are saved).

Now when the structure of xml file is not similar to xsd(loaded in console), then all record available in xml (to be loaded into MDM), will be neglected and xml file will get into Structural exception folder.

Whereas, if the values alone are not matching , then few records/all records can be errored out as Value exception.

Please see following link to know more on functionalities of Import server: https://scn.sap.com/thread/1018362

Hope this infomation answers your query!

Regards,

Ali