cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create timeseries objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I thought I had all right but I have a confusion to clear up: What's the difference between creating timeseroes objects using:

1:

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC

(

This creates the corresponding liveCache anchors and

liveCache time series for all planning areas that use this basis planning object structure and

for all versions of these planning areas for which time series objects already exist

)

and

2:

using report /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE.

The creation of time series objects for the planning area is known as initializing the planning area. The

system creates a network of characteristics and key figures in liveCache, time series objects are created for a version and a period of time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

The report  /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE is normally used when we are working with rolling the horizon. (Time series horizon). We can also reinitialize the existing time series using this report .

Where as report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC is used to remove any inconsistencies in the time series due to newly created CVC's or existing CVC's and hence adjusts the time series objects

Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Whenever we create multiple CVC's using /sapapo/mc62  for a POS without selecting the 'adjust timeseries objects' checkbox.We run the report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC in background to adjust the time series objects.

While the second report /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE is used to create time series objects for a planning area i.e Planning Area. ( Rightly mentioned by you )

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so what if I run MC62 without the check box and then run the /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE ? Will it have the same result as /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Using /sapapo/mc62 when you create CVC's  without checking check box  'adjust timeseries objects' then you should run /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC else you might get Live cache error.

Now if you run report /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE  in above case this should also solve your live cache error.

So ideally this should yield same result.

Regards,

Anurag