cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFM inventory report in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We buy and sell the Purchased finished materials (HAWA material type). Our customers provide us the forecast for those PFM materials. This customer forecast is got by the sales doirectors repsonsible for the customers. we are tryin to build a report in APO which can relate the customers aand their forecast of PFM mateirals.

Here are my questions and thee point to which i have come to build this report.

1) First of all is APO DP the correct place for this type of report? I went under the assumption that there are no standard reports in APO DP and start building one using query designer by pulling the key figures sales history and total demand (which is our forecast demand for PFM parts) from our info area. Then i went into RSRT tcode and executed the query which i built in query designer.am i in the right path? please throw some light. If i'm on the right path

2) then how can i make the report pretty by ensuring that the report does not run for hours etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

the  fields we are interested in are

1)customer ID, 2) customer name, 3) material number, 4) material description, 5) sales histroy, 6) forecast demand, 7) calyr/month etc

Thanks

anusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

As per the standard SAP following points might address ur need:

1. APO is a planning tool, saying that, it doesn;t store data is infocubes, rather in live cache.

2. to run reports, data should be copied from live cache to infocubes.

3. and reports for these infocubes should be ran in a reporting system like BW, where you can slice and dice information that means choose ur columns and rows as needed.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If i understand correctly, we should be pulling reports from BW infocubes. How will i know if the data that i'm interested in are backed up to infocubes or not. Will somebody have to do this manually or is this an automated backup.

Sorry for the questions, as i'm a MM person and our APO system is not widely used and i have been tasked to learn APO DP. we jsut have aout 5 users who use APO DP functionality and thats it,

I keep hearing from other people that Business Objects is our reporting tool, Where can i see if BW is available in our landscape or not? Kindly throw some guidelines?

THanks

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes. you need to take backup of livecache by copying the data to Infocubes regularly. that way you can ensure that ur data is backed up in infocubes.

using process chains (RSPC t code) take back up of the livecache. check some threads and help docs on this.

check with your team lead on using Business Objects for reporting, it is part of BW.

Regards,

Sandeep