cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Profile Authorization Inquiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to setup the status profile on BS02. We have assigned the authorization key to user001. We did not assign authorization key to user002 but user002 is able to change the status on sales order.

Why user002 is able to change the status? How can I prevent that from happening? pls help. thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

found the solution by experimenting.

It is not enough that you keep the authorization key of user002 blank or has an asterisk. I assigned an authorization key to user002 which is different authorization key of the approver (user001). This solved the issue.

thank you for the inputs of all here. you guys lead me to the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congrats Anwar in finding the solution. <text removed - Begging for points/awards is not allowed>.

Have a great day.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

B_USERSTAT is not assigned to user002 (checked it on PFCG) but this user is able to change the user status.

user001 is the only one should be able to change the user status on sales order.

pls help.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you contact basis consultant , told your requirement , he made a settings then you will check 

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you contact basis consultant , told your requirement , he made a settings then you will check 

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anwar

If you don't have some BASIS expert then please create a new Test user and give him only VA01/VA02 and necessary objects. Test this on new user with no other role no other profile. Read the F1 help of Authorization key field and follow. If you settings are Ok then there must be issue with authorization role which you can verify with new test user.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

Check if B_USERSTAT is present in any other role assigned to user002. If so, check the values maintained for:

ACTVT (Activity)

BERSL (Authorization key)

OBTYP (Object Category)

STSMA (Status Profile).

I assume that you have working knowledge with roles. Otherwise, suggest to take the assistance of your basis to do these checks or try in your quality system.

Let me know how it goes..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have b_userstat on user002 and this is the setting:

ACTVT (Activity) -- 01, 06

BERSL (Authorization key) --*

OBTYP (Object Category) -- *

STSMA (Status Profile) -- ZSP1

I tried removing all those settings above but still the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked which roles have the authorization object B_USERSTAT?

For eg: if there are 10 roles with this authorization object, check which of these 10 roles are assigned to user002 and what are the values maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are only 2 roles assigned to user002. only one has b_userstat and that is the one I previously posted.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Did you check in all roles of user 002?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to check it and what is the tcode to assign the authorization key? My basis did all the setup for the assignment of authorization and I want to know it too.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Search the forum for this. Go to SU01 and check which roles are assigned to user. Double click on role and check the values in this authorization object. Also compare the authorizations of both users in SUIM T-code.

Thanks