cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accesing multiple R/3 systems from WD application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to access multiple SAP R/3 systems from my WD application. What all SLD configurations do I need to make in order to get the references of different R/3 systems while creting RFC models in my WD application.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

VaibhaV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Where to sel SLD settings?

You can set SLD setting in this URL

http://<your server name):<Port>/sld/index.jsp

where to ser JCO Destinations?

In order to configure JCO connection, follow the url below

http://<your server name>:<port>/index.html --->Web Dynpro -

>Content Administrator provide your valid UserID and Password --->Create JCO destination give respective parameters complete all five steps, test your JCO connection

possible here you have to check is it possible to configure for multiple R/3 connections (even i din't try this) the other option is in your web dynpro application source code you can open jco connection specifiyng the connection details and access the Function module...

Hope this helps you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need to any additional settings to be done in SLD.

Follow the following steps to use multiple R/3 system in your WD

1. You can register your R/3 systems with SLD (tcode :rz70) or you can manually define the system in SLD

2. Create RFC data & meta destination in Webdynpro content administration and note down the destination names.

3. While creating RFC model, change the default jco destination names to your own (Step2)

Repeat step 3 for each model and if required step 2 for a model in different system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ArulRaja,

Thanks for those inputs. Well now I've few more queries. When you say register your R/3 system with SLD using TCode rz70, from where can I execute this transaction? Is it from Web Dynpro configuration screen of WAS? If you can guide me with the path to be followed for the same, It would be of great help for me to make sure I am doing it the right way.

About creating JCo destinations, I did not find any option to add multiple JCo destinations. So I did it the reverse way. I know this is not the correct way of doing it but I was unable to create multiple JCo destinations, and moreover it worked!

I first created a RFC model, on the screen where we give reference of the RFC meta & metadata destination, I changed the name to a non existing destination. I entered the RFC system details while creating the model only. And after saving the model, when I went back to the JCo destination maintenance screen I could see the names I mentioned while creating the model.

Regards,

-Vaibhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.If you want to register your sap system with sld, then login to your sap system and execute rz70 transaction.

2.I did not understand your point regarding multiple JCO destinations.. More details Needed.

But you can create any number of JCO destinations.. for a webdynpro component but you can have only one JCO destination per model..

At the same time, you can also change the JCO destination at runtime to another JCO_destination

Arul