cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

define tax in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in MM, we can define the tax code in line item of the purchase order.

1 in SD, where can we define the tax code?

2 in SD, how to determine that the item is vatable?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First of all ,we have to know which SAP Standard has provided for needed modules why because when you comes to MM Module ,you can define Tax Code in Line Item Level but that facility we doesnt have in SD Module and also we can release PO in ME29N ( It seems very good functionality in MM Module rather than SD Module why because User was doing mistakes in PO and doing based on PO as MIGO and also MIRO but this doesnt know Team Lead where he is doing mistakes ,every time ,every PO cant examine whoever in depth ,might be also ) but this T.Code can control as authorized person only can release PO's when he unlocked for that T.code to all users except Team Lead .

1. Define in FTXP

2. Maintain that in Each Condition Type in V/06.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1 do you mean maintain tax code in V/06?

2 what i need to know is that how SO determine if the item is taxable or not. even maintain tax code, how does SO know the item should be taxable or not.

thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First of all ,Do some tests as your self .I think ,this would be so help full for you on Tax Part .You can find out your self ,How system is treating you .

1. Dont maintain Tax Classification in Material ,Maintain Tax Code in Condition record , do it

2. Dont maintain Tax code in Condition Record ,Maintain Tax Classification in Material ,do it

3. Like above ,same as change in Customer master also ,now you can find out at least some Clues ,How system is Treating Tax Part .

One Line Item is comes under Taxable or not is depends upon Material Tax classification and also Condition record with Tax Code when the customer is applicable for tax also .

Note :This my request only .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to make the sales order line item taxable, need to consider material master, customer, condition record? and all these must meet tax then only it is taxable? say if material no tax defined but customer and condition record have tax, it is not taxable also?

thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

May I know ,If one Condition Type wants get the Condition Record in Condition Tab in Sales Order ,What is the Pre Requisites ?

Note :1. If that material is delivering from Bangalore to Hyd  means that Delivering Plant must and should pay the Tax as Local Tax ( CST ) .Without TAx , we cant send that goods to whoever .If they do then comes under as Fraud .

2. Directly one thing is not triggering a Key Point to get the Correct thing ( Result ) . When all things ( Pre Requisites) meet then only get the Correct thing any where ( we cant say ,this is applicable in all cases )

I am simply asking as put one good example ,what do you want in it .

Thanks,

Naren