cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send Email in XMII 12.2.3 Build (182)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Getting Authentication failed error when using SendMail action block in BLT. We haved checked SMTP host running fine. Credential Alias and port are correct.

We found Connection Alias's empty in BLT. Is this causing authentication error? Any Solutions on this will be helpful.

Regards

Malai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

This is the error i'm getting while testing the send mail part.

Created Connection Alias with apt Port (25) and Mail Server( which is running fine in anther system).

Response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Malai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malai,

From the image above, It's an authentication issue. Did you give the right credentials? Try this

1. Create a new credential alias with the correct and username and password. check if it works.

2. OR, trying passing in the username and password directly without using the credential alias field.

Did you create a connection alias of type "MAIL" in the MII's Connection Screen? If so, it should be listed here.

If you do not see a created connection alias, then it could be a bug. Though this will not affect the send mail process.

If you have created the alias after opening the send mail action's configuration dialog, try closing and opening the dialog box for the aliases to refresh.

--

Tufale Ashai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tafale,

Thanks for your response.

1. i have created new credential alias with correct credential only. same error

2. i can not pass user name or password directly because the version 12.2.3 build 182 does not have those fields to pass .

yes  After creating connection alias of type 'MAIL' it was showing in dropdown but same error

refresh also done... but nothing helps..Getting Authentication error only.

Regards,

Annamalai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malai,

Just a few more questions,

1. You have created a credential alias, which username/password you are using? You have to give credentials and password required to log into the mail server, not the MII login credentials. For example, My MII login password could be admin/abc123 , but my mail server could need MyEmployeeId/password.

2. Yes you can, open the link editor of the send mail action. there are two field. Mail Acount and Mail Account Password. Give the user name and password in those fields.

--

Tufale