cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuple field not updated after MDM upgrade

0 Kudos

Hi MDM gurus,

Our client has recently upgarded SAP MDM from SP06 to SP09. after this upgrade we found that the Tuple data is not getting updated in the tuple fields of MAT repository.

What could be the reason? pl give some inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Please check if there are structural or value exceptions.

If yes,then please open the map using import manager and do a "Save Update".

Test the import again using Import Manager,check if Tuples are getting as desired.

Please update with findings,also kindly attach snapshots of port and map.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for the reply. I have to mention here that not all Tuple data is populated via source, few tuples are populated via assignment/validations. Pl suggest how to resolve this.

thanks in adv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Please check if the expressions are working fine after the upgrade.

In the test or Dev environment,run these manually and check if they are working as desired.

SAP recommends to check for lookup value refrences when upgrading from SP 04 to higher versions.Testing expressions found incorrect and correcting this way could help -

Open each expression-

Delete the referenced lookup value.

Add it again to the expression

Please update your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The actual problem is that after the upgrade, the Workflows not getting triggred. i have checked the option in configuration of the import map, also the triggering action of that workflow and their Active status.. every thing is in place. howevery i have restarted the repo too after reactivating these values and saving the map. But still the workflow is not getting triggered and no job id is generated. the xml file in the ready folder is getting picked up by MDIS but not able to see the record in DM. and the is going to Archive folder.

can you suggest me what the issue could be?

thanks in advance

mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Please go to configurations after opening the import map.

Go to Import->Checkout/Workflow and check if the required workflow is selected or not.

If not,select it and do a "Save update".Retest the scenario.

The below is a section from import manager reference guide -

Checkout/Workflow

Whether or not to check out the imported records or launch a workflow job containing the imported records (see "The

Checkout/Workflow

Option" on page 379):

None

Checkout

workflowname

:

workflowname

Please come back with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

i have done this already. and the required workflow is the assigned in IM-configuration.

what else could be the reason.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Please check the following -

1.Keep trigger action as Import and manual.Test manually launching the workflow to see if it works fine.

2.Check if it is Active.

3.Check if it has a threshold count set.

Please reply once tested.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Im getting the following error whn i run the WF manually.--

the workflow design contains one or more invalid connections <0xFFAC321B>

what does this mean. does the connector in the WF lost to some step?? pl let me know ur inuts

thank in advance

mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Yes it seems to be a workflow related issue.

Please check for 2 things -

1.If there is is a user assigned to a workflow step who no longer exists now.

2.If the connector has been improperly connected.This can be checked by openintg the workflow in visio and trying to save it,it should give you error if connectors are not well connected.The highlighted area would be the one causing the issue.

Please let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you. Yes, the problem is with visio. i am not able to save the WF even after doing the required changes. it says - "Branch has an invalid connection"

regards

mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Good news is it can be fixed but please look for the connection which has issue.

Normally visio highlights the area causing the error so that one can easily fix this.

Otherwise,please check for all the connections by clicking on them and checking for properties.

It seems to me there could be a assignment not working properly as you mentioned you did a upgrade recently.So I would advise start checking from connections involving assignments.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This issue occured becasue MS Visio WF got corrupted. resolved the same by creating a new WF.

thanks.

mohan kumar

Answers (0)