cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA- Enquiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working in SAP BPC support project. I have heard lot about HANA and eager to work on HANA.

My work experience :

SQl server(beginner)

Can you please let me know,:

1. if BI/BW is mandatory skills required  for HANA.

2.what are the job profiles for SAP HANA consultant:like- Programmer,DBA,etc.

3.Does, HANA require hard core programming in SQL script or JAVA script.

4.Work profile for beginner(like me ) in HANA.

I would appreciate your help if you can guide me through this.

Thanks,

Red

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Red,

Please fire a search on this forum for 'HANA beginner' and 'new to HANA' and you will find most of the answers you seek (and much more valuable information on the path forward).

To quickly answer your questions:

1. if BI/BW is mandatory skills required  for HANA.

Business Intelligence or DW knowledge would definitely help in understanding the HANA concepts and implement the BI application on HANA. But now HANA has spanned more than just a DW appliance and offers much more including BPC.

Having said this, it will surely help to have the BI / BW skillset as HANA is currently being implemented in these areas.

2.what are the job profiles for SAP HANA consultant:like- Programmer,DBA,etc.

HANA requirements are far and wide including the development and Administrator profiles. To work as a developer, you would require the skillsets in HANA modeling, SQL script. With ABAP on HANA, XS engine the skill set can vary for ABAP and Java. Again as I mentioned earlier, the scope of HANA is increasing day by day, hence it is difficult to say that only a specific skill set is required for HANA.

3.Does, HANA require hard core programming in SQL script or JAVA script.

As mentioned above..

4.Work profile for beginner(like me ) in HANA.

I guess the development profile should help you acquire advanced skills on HANA.

Regards,

Ravi