cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Line EH Deactivation

Former Member

We are starting to work on sending sales documents from ECC to EM at a line item level.  For those that have implemented this tracking scenario any recommendations on when to deactivate the event handler and what to key off of?  Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

you have different possibilities:

You can use a rule activity to deactivate an EH. E.g. if you know after a certain event the process is finished.

If this is not possible there is also a report for mass deactivation available since EM 7.0 EhP1.

From application system side you can use the option

Event Handler Deactivation Indicator

to soft delete an EH if the corresponding Application Object is not longer relevant.

So i would say it depends on your scenario.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffan.  Please forgive me as my original question was probably not too clear. I am familiar with the different options available with regards to how to deactivate an event handler. 

My question is more regarding when are others deactivating their sales event handlers? What event signifies finished for their sales EH's? 

I understand we have endless options and it really depends upon our scenario. However, do any best practices exist and/or is there a standard event which others are keying off of to indicate when a sales document is finished (ex. deactivate upon event delivery status = fully delivered, deactivate upon event overall status = completed, etc...)?

In our scenario we plan to start off by only tracking events related to the sales document line item and therefore we will not be monitoring any delivery processing or follow-on activities.  We plan to use the rule activity to deactivate the EH.

I appreciate any feedback.  Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jon Hansen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most customers i know are doing this just before archiving-

They often want them to stay active as the display profiles for the UI are normally configured to display only active EH.

In some scenarios there is also the possibility that unexpected messages e.g. a return event could come.

I also asked a colleague who has some experience as EM consultant. He should be able to give more details on how others are doing it.

Best regards,

Steffen

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

it really depends on the secenario.

We have secenarios which use the payment run as the last event (what would be a order to cash scenario). So with the payment you would deactivate your Event Handler.

Other customers just track sales order and delivery and they deactivate when the sales order is fully delivered (they send an event message when the post goods issue is done).

Just to make you aware on one point: For changes in the sales order status (e.g. from the delivery) the BAdI which calls the Application Interface is not called (up to my knowledge). Please be aware of this point.

Best regards

Berthold

Answers (0)