Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snp malo extractor setting.,

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

We are facing strange problem while pulling data from standard malo aggregation in apo to bw,

You might be aware there are some values in initial column in snp planning book. Say I have past due sales order dated back to 23 nov 2012 .

But when I extract the data in rsa3 it just pulls past date data starting from 1jan 2013 so I cannot get this past due sales order ..

The problem is bit strange irrespective of day...when I pull data ..the extractor will pull past data from 1 st day of last month.since we are in feb now so it is pulling from 1 jan onwards and when we go to march ..it will pull from 1 feb onwards..

Do you know if any setting is there in msdp_admin transaction so that it pulls all past data....

Please advice .

Thanks

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182537
Active Participant

Let me know if anyone need more information on this...

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

The planning area's created time series objects control the data retention. The data extraction should allow you to pull data from the start date of time series objects (to know the start date, right click on your planning area and select 'Created time series objects' in planning area administration).

Pl check your time series objects and update them accordingly.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh .yes I can see data maintained from 1st jan 2013 onwards till 2016....so means we need to change from date to the time from when we need data,

Is this something that is changing automatically as per different planning bucket ?. Also there was another confusion like when we move to march ..it will extract from 1 feb onwards ..so is this that this setting changes automatically when we move to next month ?.

Do we need to lock this change via transport ?.

Thanks

Nilesh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

You can use t.code /sapapo/tsinit to create time series objects as per your need but it should cover the past and future periods as defined in the time bucket profiles of your planning book.

Organizations typically setup a background job to extend these time series objects regularly (say once in a month) so that it would drop the past periods and allocate new periods.

So, if there is such a job, then you can expect that the extractor reads data from Feb 1st in March, otherwise, it will be always from Jan 1st.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh so you mean if there is Job then even if we change the date for initial data ...it will still not work if the job changes the date ?.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me give an example, I will setup a planning area and create time series objects with date range as 1/12/2012 - 12/31/ 2013. I will also define a background job to extend the time series for future periods that can be scheduled to execute on the first day of every month.

Initial time series: 1/12/2012 - 12/31/ 2013

Background job: Beginning of month -1 and end of month +12

The time series after the background job execution

Jan 1, 2013: 1/12/2012 - 12/31/2013

Feb 1, 2013: 1/1/2013 - 1/31/2014

Mar 1, 2013: 1/2/2013 - 1/28/2014

and so on.

With this kind of setup, your extractor pulls data only from the beginning of previous month.

However, assume you don't have any background job scheduled in the system and time series will be extended on demand. Then, your extractor will always pulls data from the beginning of start period per created time series objects.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh.

Thanks yes there is one job which does this but I assume it is only for time series kf like safety days supply, targets days supply.

So ideally order series kf like sales order, distributed demand should not be impacted by this ?.,

Pls confirm...

Thanks fr help

Nilesh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

You need to have time series objects (technical time periods defined by the storage bucket profile) even for object series key figures. APO retrieves orders from liveCache as per these technical periods and populate the planning area. This data will be grouped per defined time periods (data view's time bucket profiles).

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh for help. Issue is solved .

Thanks

Answers (0)