cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Release prior to Project release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I Have a requirement and the requirement is to ensure that the Budget should be released prior to the Project release .

I know the settings in Budget profile which when i set the activation type to "1" the AVAC is becoming active .

But strangely the requirement is to release the budget progressively on need basis and during intial release of project , the budget should have been released prior to the Release of the Project ..

I have explored the user status but this does not remind the user to release the budget and it only forbids the release of project ..

Appreciate the experts help on this

Regards

Judy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Judy

Budget Release prior to Project Release can be activated through validation

you can validate that If Project status is released then  allow the budget Release  CJ32 t code

Please Revert Back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Your suggestion of using the validations is not correct to my requirement..

It should be the other way round ...which means , at the time of releasing the project (WBS and NWA),system should validate that there exists the Budget release otherwise it should not allow to release the project..

Regards

Judy

former_member384980
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello judy,

i think this can be done through customization. Can you describe me in details about the wbs user status you are using.

if your user status prohibits the budget release, this can be allowed by changing the transaction control of the user status.

plz update me on which status you want the budget to be released.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Deepak ,

I have a user Initial user status which prohibits the "release of Projet"untill budget release..

But with this we can still release the Networks and activities ..and assigning another user status to NWA is not worth as the NW user status does not have the busget release option as it persist only for WBS elements...

On the whole system should prohibit Project release untill unless the budget is released..

Appreciate your kind suggestion

Reg

Judy

former_member384980
Participant
0 Kudos

Judy,

do you want to prohibit the project release unless the budget is released through T-code cj32 ?

regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Yes..i want to prohibit project release incluidng wbs and activity untill budget is released added to this Budget should be released on need basis and not Overall or annual...

Reg,

Judy

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Judy,

I think the bast way is you get this is developing a validation in the BADi when you change the WBS status.

Let me know if you need mire information...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara ,

Can you suggest a suitable BADi..if by any chance you did come across in the past...

Reg,

Judy

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hrello judith,

You can use these BADis:

- WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE , Method AT_SAVE to control that when WBS is released the  budget has to be realesed.

- WORKORDER_UPDATE : Method AT_RELEASE to control that the order can only be released if the budget isvreleased.. Or if thw WBS is released.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara ,

Many thanks for your guidance..we are looking at this option as to how feasible this is...

Thanking you once again for your valuable inputs and time

Regards

Judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara ,

Thanks and it did worked...

Regards

Judy