cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro application -400 Session Not Found-Failed to process the request: Request refers to an unknown session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting below error in nw 7.3 sp 5 portal upgraded environment .

400   Session Not Found 

Failed to process the request: Request refers to an unknown session

Any application that goes to webdynpro/dispatcher path will throw this error but the same application if accessed as webdynpro/resources works fine .

we have upgraded 4 systems and this issue happens only in 2 systems other 2 systems are working fine .

any thoughts ....

Regards,

Sirram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attach +/- 3 entries (6 in total) of the error from your defaultTrace as an text attachment, not embedded in the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no default trace entry related to the entry .

but in system logs and traces I can find below info

Deprecated scope of type SERVERSESSION_AT_LEAST_ONE_APP_SCOPE is used! Please replace the usage of scopes with new mechanism based on "Cross application session communication API".
Single Click Filter by SeverityNegative Single Click Filter by SeverityInfo
Single Click Filter by DateNegative Single Click Filter by Date2013-02-15
Single Click Filter by TimeNegative Single Click Filter by Time12:13:36:139
Single Click Filter by CategoryNegative Single Click Filter by Category/System/UserInterface
Single Click Filter by LocationNegative Single Click Filter by Locationcom.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.session.SynchronizedScopeMaintainer
Single Click Filter by ApplicationNegative Single Click Filter by Applicationsap.com/tc~mdm~srmcat~uisearch
Single Click Filter by ThreadNegative Single Click Filter by ThreadThread[HTTP Worker [@350276749],5,Dedicated_Application_Thread]

j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system/userinterface_00.log

Single Click Filter by Passport User Activity IDNegative Single Click Filter by Passport User Activity IDb398ba5677ab11e2a6d600001e3faab6

Single Click Filter by SessionNegative Single Click Filter by Session0

Single Click Filter by UserNegative Single Click Filter by UserGuest
Single Click Filter by Time ZoneNegative Single Click Filter by Time Zone0-800
Single Click Filter by Customer Message ComponentNegative Single Click Filter by Customer Message ComponentBC-WD-JAV
Single Click Filter by Runtime ComponentNegative Single Click Filter by Runtime Componenttc~wd~webdynpro
Single Click Filter by Correlation IDNegative Single Click Filter by Correlation ID507488950000000004
Single Click Filter by Passport SessionNegative Single Click Filter by Passport SessionB398BA5677AB11E2A6D600001E3FAAB6
Single Click Filter by Passport ConnectionNegative Single Click Filter by Passport Connectionb398ba5677ab11e2a6d600001e3faab6
Single Click Filter by Passport Connection CounterNegative Single Click Filter by Passport Connection Counter0
Single Click Filter by Log IDNegative Single Click Filter by Log IDC0009B0DC215026B0000000001850058
Single Click Filter by HostNegative Single Click Filter by Hostxxxxxxxxxx
Single Click Filter by SystemNegative Single Click Filter by Systemxxxxxxxxxx
Single Click Filter by InstanceNegative Single Click Filter by InstanceJ50
Single Click Filter by NodeNegative Single Click Filter by Nodeserver0
Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the attached trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

The trace you have provided is quite unreadable. I can't help you if you don't provide proper traces. Just open the most recent defaultTrace (the file on the server), search for the date and time of the error and copy +/- 3 entries into a separate text file and attach. In case you have several dialog instances and/or server nodes, check all of them. If you don't access to the server, just ask your basis admin to send you the most recent defaultTrace(s) and edit them locally.

Are you using some kind of proxy in front of your portal? Web Dispatcher, Apache, etc?

Also attach the list of "All Components" in NWA. Maybe your portal has been incorrectly patched.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a webdispatcher . The first system logs and traces posted is from the system which doesn't have a web dispatcher . the trace I sent you has web dispatcher .

As I mentioned earlier same link works if I replace the URL from /webdysnpro/dispatcher to /webdynpro/resources .

PFA trace .

Former Member
0 Kudos

That trace doesn't provide a clue either, there are some random application errors unrelated to your problem. Can't you just provide the traces I'm asking for? The defaultTraces are located in \usr\sap\<SID>\JCxx\j2ee\cluster\serverx\logs (central) or \usr\sap\<SID>\Jxx\j2ee\cluster\serverx\logs (dialog). Take the newest one, sometimes it is not sufficient to decide based on the modification date, look which file grows. If you are infact correct and there are no trace entries in defaultTrace, then your system is incorrectly configured.

If you bypass the Web Dispatcher, are you still seeing the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The trace is related to the  issue

trying to access this URL

http://server:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~mdm~srmcat~uisearch/ProcurementCatalog7Ehp1

if i use the URL

http://server:port/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~mdm~srmcat~uisearch/ProcurementCatalog7Ehp1

I am able to access the application .

we have deployed the same components on 4 systems . 2 systems are working fine .

I am not able to access the first URL even I by pass the webdispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you aware that you should also update your SRM-MDM since you upgraded your portal? You have to install the NW73 specific version of SRM-MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I am aware of it . we have upgraded 4 systems , this issue comes in 2 systems .

we have same software components in all 4 systems .

any URL that works with /webdynpro/resources if I replace with /webdynpro/dispatcher gives the 400 session not found error .It happens only in 2 systems . In other 2 systems it is working fine with /webdynpro/resources and /webdynpro/dispatcher .

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Web Dynpro dispatcher has a specific role. I have no idea why the application works if you bypass it (it really shouldn't). You shouldn't bypass the dispatcher.

I feel like a parrot here. Send the "All Components" listing as an attachment, I want to make sure your are having the right components.

I found one SAP note that might explain the problem you are seeing. The problem is fixed in patch level 15 of the component WD-RUNTIME 7.3 SP5 but since you are not providing the traces I'm asking for, it's just speculation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PFA software component list .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. You are not running NetWeaver Portal 7.3 SP5, you are running NetWeaver Portal 7.31 SP5, meaning the EHP1 version of 7.3. Let me do the research again. Meanwhile, if you could come up with the defaultTraces I have asked 4 times now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PFA trace . This is the trace generated when I run the URL

http://server:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~mdm~srmcat~uisearch/ProcurementCatalog7Ehp1

Thanks for your Help Samuli !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the basic components and they seem to be correct. I have no experience with SAP MDM Catalog Management so I can't really say if you have installed all the right components.

The only relevant SAP note I found for you is SAP note 1787413. The bad news is that there is no fix for SP5, only SP6 (patch 1) or SP7. However I can't say for sure if that SAP note applies to you since I haven't seen the defaultTraces.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1787413

Former Member
0 Kudos

But we have 2 other system with the same software components , which work fine , there is no issue like this ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is fixed .

As per SAP note Note 1395551 - Global configuration of session cookies

For  NW AS Java 7.20 and upper versions - for global custom cookie configurations the following servlet_jsp service properties should be used:

1. For the session cookie configurations:

Global_app_config/cookie_config/session_cookie/path

Global_app_config/cookie_config/session_cookie/domain

Global_app_config/cookie_config/session_cookie/max-age

2.For the application cookie configurations:

Global_app_config/cookie_config/application_cookie/path

Global_app_config/cookie_config/application_cookie/domain

Global_app_config/cookie_config/application_cookie/max-age

jason_wu7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

We had the same problem as you had. You said your issue had been fixed with note 1395551.

But with all the properties, it doesn't mention what values should be put for those parameters.

Do you know what should they be?

Best regards,

Jason

lakshmi_narayana2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Are you able to fix this. We are having same problem. Please let me know what values you have used for the above parameters.

Thanks

Lakshmi

jason_wu7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Yes, we were able to fix it. But our problem was not related to those parameters. It's actually a problem with a parameter on our web dispatcher.

The parameter was: wdisp/HTTP/jsessionid_tab_support and we changed it from false to true.

That's what we did to solve this issue, not sure if it applies to your issue.

Best regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

We have the same issue. What parameter values had you put against those parameters?

Thanks,

Prasanna