cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding MDM assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM Experts,

I have worked on SRM-MDM . And I wish to take core SAP MDM assignment. I aware that apart from SRM-MDM, the core MDM has syndicator and  publisher as additional components.

Kindly let me know the Challenges in handling SAP MDM assignment with extensive working knowledge in SRM-MDM .

Regards

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

SAP MDM goes handy with SRM. SAP MDM has following client tools-Data Manager,Import Manager,Syndicator,Console and publisher.

Google for "SAP MDM Reference Guide"- download them to gather more detailed information.

I am pretty sure that you can easily adapt MDM since you are already flexible with SRM.

Please let us know if any further queries.

Regards,

Ali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

Just try Reading PDF's which are available in SCN, which gives basic concepts and Basic In and Out for SAP MDM.

Read and workout practicals for Console, Data Manager, Import manager and Syndicator docs which gives initial touch for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. Am expecting some more suggestions .

Regards

Ashok

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

Will take you through Process...

1) Console--Where you can Control Servers and Design Repository and have the admin Access( Like Control Users, roles etc).

2) Import Manager- Where having a source file can import data into Data Manager, here you can play around with different formats and also you can try for Automated Import say Import Server, where You need to save the predefined map in Console and struffs.

3) Data Manager- Where its acts as a Centralized data Store, here You have different modes(Record, Hierarchy, taxonomy,Matching and Family), can add edit records here and in Matching Mode you can find and eliminate Duplicates.

4) Syndicator- This is similar to Import manager where you need to map source and destination items and execute Syndication to any Remote Systems.

Just I have given the Basic Functionalists, any queries pls revert.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Girish.

Its seems almost the same process where i done for SRM-MDM configuration . Except syndicator and publisher .

I guess only change which i can expect is system landscape.

Regards

Ashok

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Correct...

Please close the thread If you are fine

Regards,

Girish...