Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT .unx Static LOV not auto refreshing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Environment - BI 4 SP2, Windows

I have a universe with a few static LOV's. I need these LOV's to be refreshed before use but the

"Automatic refresh before use" option is disabled / greyed out. How can i get this to work?

Thanks

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is this IDT or UDT?
  2. What's your datasource?  relational or olap ?   (perhaps this has something to do with it)
  3. which driver/connector are you using?

As a side note, vanilla SP02 has never been supported. the product went GA with Patch2.x (5, i think it was) , and the SP02 codeline isn't maintained anymore (after Patch2.2x) .  Neither is FP03 active. 

SP04 is nearly out of maintenance - now at Patch4.10  (goes up to 12 i think) . SP05 is still live, currently at Patch5.4 .

What ever it is you are doing, I recommend you restest  on SP04 Patch4.x or SP05 Patch5.x

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is IDT. The data is a list of static values. The data foundation connects to an Oracle datasource. I have tried this in our sandbox environment with SP5 and the behavior is the same, where i am not able to check the "Automatic refresh before use" under the Options TAB for static LOV's. Any ideas on why this would be different that a LOV based on custom sql ?

Attaching screen shot.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe this is as designed:

A custom SQL LOV can be refreshed by running a query against the database.

A Static LOV is a static list saved within the universe.

Best regards

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Agreed. not much point refreshing an LOV which is static - there's nothing new to update

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user wants the prompt that has the static LOV (Geo) to be populated when the prompt screen appears. Currently this is not the case unless you press the refresh values button. So am i correct in understanding that this cannot be done for static LOV's ? Please see attached screen shot.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think you can make that work with static LOVs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks for your info. We are trying to rewrite an old report that was originally developed in Crystal where the Static Geo Lov gets auto refreshed , so this feature at least for now cannot be reproduced in Web Intelligence. The users will have to put up with this for now until SAP enhances the current behavior in Web Intelligence.

Answers (0)