Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Search customizing in MDG 6.1

former_member591879
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

1. we would like to set Enterprise Search (Fuzzy) as the standard

Search in der ERP Vendor UI Search Form of the MDG-S 6.1 Vendor UI. When a user is opening the ERP Vendor UI Search Form then Enterprise Search (Fuzzy) should be displayed as a standard selection from the available searches drop-down list. How

can this be achieved ?

2. In Enterprise Search

Fuzzy there are only a few search fields selectable (Search Term, BP

ID, Organisation Name 3, Organisation Name 2, Search Term 1 and Search

Term 2) after we upgrade installed from 6.0 to 6.1. We would need to have more fields selectable: At least: BP ID,

Street, Postal Code, Name 1, Search Term 1, City and Country). How can

this be configured ?

3. The mentioned fields in the second last sentence of point 2. should

be displayed for the user everytime any user is entering the Vendor UI

ERP-Vendor search. Meaning user should not need to select a saved search but

right away sees a particular number of fields he can search. How can this be configured ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

1. If you browse through the web dynpro component configurations of the vendor like UI (SE80, package MDG_BS_ECC_SUPPLIER_BOLUI), you'll find the communicator settings BS_OVP_SP_VL. This configuration defines which search application may be used. You could try creating a customizing of this configuration to adapt it according to your needs.
  2. This seems to be a bug in the SAP coding (I'm aware of the OSS you opened).
  3. The search UIBB for the enterprise search in the vendor like UI is BS_SP_DQUERY_ES (available in the above mentioned package). You can create a customizing of this UI configuration and adapt it to your needs. Note that the same UI configuration is used in the common supplier UI, too. If you want a different look and feel in the supplier UI, the recommendation would be to create a custom UIBB by copying the SAP UIBB.

Best regards

Michael

former_member591879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your answer.

Ad 1.) We looked at communicator settings in BS_OVP_SP_VL but did not see a way to define any of the listed searchUibbs as the standard UIBB. Finally we tried to replace "BS_BP_DQUERY_DB_ADDRESS_ATTRIB" by "BS_SP_DQUERY_ES" in "Overview Page Schema"/"Wire Schema" of the "Component Customizing BS_SP_VL_OVP, Main Screen "Search ERP Vendor"": However, this did not help. On the "Search ERP Vendor Page" the standard search continues to be set to Address Search Fuzzy. If I remember well it is set like this since we activated the standard duplicate check in the MDGIMG configuration setting it to "AD". See attached acreenshots 1-3

Ad 2.) At first glance this really seems to be a product error. I tried to go the customizable area of the Enterprise Search but when I open the customizing I am getting following error messages: field STREET is not in Feeder catalogue, field HOUSE_NR1 is not in Feeder catalogue, field POST_CODE1 is not in feeder catalogue. Fields NAME_ORG1 and NAME_ORG2 are having as well wrong German translations. See screenshot 4.

Ad 3.) OK, thanks for you hint. However, since there seems to be a bug with this search we might not be able to use it at all. Furthermore in customizing of BS_SP_DQUERY_ES it seems that you can only define how many search rows there should be when the search is opened. However, you can not specify what fields exactly should be searchable in each of the displayed rows.   

Regards,

Michael

--------------

screenshot1

screenshot2

screenshot 3

screenshot4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Suppose I want to use below search helps

KREDA                          Vendors (General)

KREDC                          Vendors by Class

KREDE                          Vendors: Purchasing

KREDG                          Vendors (by group key or industry)

KREDI                          Vendors by Country/Company Code

KREDK                          Vendors by Company Code

KREDL                          Vendors by Country

KREDM                          Vendors by Material

KREDM_E                        Vendors by Material

KREDN                          Vendors by Old Account Number

KREDO                          Vendors with customer reference (e.g. Oil exg.partner)

KREDP                          Vendors by Personnel Number

KREDT                          Vendors by Tax Information

KREDW                          Vendors with Plant Reference

KREDX                          Vendors by Address Attributes

KREDY                          Vendors by Address Attributes (Fuzzy Search)

Is it possible to use ECC defined search helps in MDG also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal

Does this issue is fixed at your end?

As I am unable to open below configuration ID in Custmization mode and showing errors as per your screen shot 4