cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EM- BW - Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EM experts,

i have a doubt regarding how the integration between EM and BW works.

In my case, we dont need to send any initial upload. What we need is to be able to pass to the DataSources (0SCEM_1, 0SCEM_2, 0SCEM_3) the information for each Event Handler at the time of creation and to get it updated afterwards everytime a message is processed.

For that, we have put in the rule set a rule (BW_upload) to be executed always with the update mode.

With this config, what happens is that the EH is not replicated automatically in the DataSource. It's only populating the Datasource if i change the settings for doing an initial upload.

Any idea about how to achieve this objective without initial dataload?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

if you do not need to send any historical data via the Initial Upload report you need to Initialize the DataSource queue from BW system: Info Package - Init without data.

Kind regards,

Sylvia Reimann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sylvia,

The question is more for the daily integration between EM and BI.

we were only able to update the DataSources (0SCEM_1, 0SCEM_2, 0SCEM_3) using transaction /SAPTRX/BWIU. But we are not able to update them when a new EH is created or updated.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to setup the ruleset accordingly. You have to integrate the rule BW_UPLOAD into your ruleset. The parameter for the activity has to be set to X for Delta Upload. After the initialization (with or without data) the Delta queue is initialized and with the right settings in the ruleset the BW-upload should be carried out automatically.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards,

Sylvia

Answers (0)