cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI New Development Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am a beginner in PI Development and kindly seeking all your advise and guide for my development.

I have a request as follows:-

A additional flat file, from the G1P to the fact system is to be transported.The File /transfer/sap/G1P/FACT/out/GCM_FACT_WHOS * must be as the other files from PI and get the time stamp appended as GCM_FACT_WHOS_yyyym.

In addition  below are the directories:-

Source Directory:-

/transfer/sap/G1P/FACT/out/GCM_FACT_WHOS *

Target Directory:-

/br1d03/factd/data/input/SAP/BW/G1P/GCM_FACT_WHOS_yyyymmdd-hhmm-fff.csv

No mapping or synchronizing are required.

I am clueless on where to start for this request and hoping to get guidance or documentations to help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

Go as per Vila suggestion , there is no need of ESR and File content conversion to achieve this.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can acheive your scenario using File to File with out ESR Content...

All you need is ID Configuration and enable ASMA Properties of FTP adapter...

search SDN for more info...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John,

you have to configure file to File scenario with FCC.

for file content conversion you have to select the message protocol: FIle Content Conversion, then in VContent conversion tab, you have to use parameters like:

Record sturecute: as per your fiiel format (ex: Header,*,Detail,*,)

Header.fieldNames

Header.fieldFixedLength........

for adding the timstamp to the file name:

in Processing tab, pelase select file construction mode as 'Add Time Stamp'

You can find mant threads in scn for file to file with FCC.

Regards,

prasanth

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

No mapping or synchronizing are required.

If you dont need to transform the source XML i dont recommend you to use the file content conversion, you only need to work with the integration directory, no ESR content is needed.

Check the answer in this thread http://scn.sap.com/message/13598878#13598878

To add the timestamp you can check SAP Help documentation http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/6830e67f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm the Add Time Stamp processing parameter.

However, if you need to do some changes with a mapping, check this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3716

Regards.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

>>>A additional flat file, from the G1P to the fact system is to be transported.The File /transfer/sap/G1P/FACT/out/GCM_FACT_WHOS * must be as the other files from PI and get the time stamp appended as GCM_FACT_WHOS_yyyym.

You are using a flat file, hence you will have to configure File Content Conversion to convert this into a xml so that you can do mapping in PI. I understand that the source directory is "/transfer/sap/G1P/FACT/out" and the file name schema is " GCM_FACT_WHOS *". I assume you will be getting this file at some FTP server and hence you can go ahead with File Sender Channel and do FCC.

And I guess you need the file at Target with TimeStamp. so for this you can define the file name schema in File Receiver channel as "GCM_FACT_WHOS_*" and in the processing tab of channel you can checkbox TimeStamp and define the time format you need.

Thanks

Anand