Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error'Excise details not maintained for vendor' in J1IEX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am transfering Raw material from Bonded storage location to manufacturing plant through STO.

Follwoing steps are being followed;

1. Create STO for Raw material.

2. Goods issue using mvmt 351.

3 GR.Part 1 is captured while posting GR.

4. Part2 is cpured againt GR doc through J1IEX.

Suddenly error' Excise deatisl not maintained for vendor and error Maintain Customer against Supplying Plant xxxx in MM Customising' are appaering.

This is not the first STO of this scenario.

Many GRs have been posted in the past and excise is captured in all the GRs.

Also, I have already mainatiende vendor excise deatisl in J1ID, Customer excise details in J1ID, chapter ID and tax rate is maintaiend.

I have also assigned Vendor in customer master and customer in vendor master.

But, Shipping data for supplying plnt is not maintainmed.

I can maintain shipping data for supplying plant.

But, My doubt is that how the error is appearing now?

Is there any impact of maintaining this config?

Please reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Ensure Vendor and vendor excise registration details are maintained in J1ID > Vendor excise details.

2. If Vendor excise details are not known then maintain hyphen '-' in all columns of excise details in J1ID.

3. For Import vendor also since excise registration details will not be there, some dummy entry like hyphen '-' should be maintained.

4. In case of STO -
  •             Set up Shipping data for plants in the below path
                SPRO >MM >Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set up stock transport order > Define shipping data for plants

•             Create customer master & vendor master for both the plants.

•             Assign the customer master of the respective plant in the vendor master of that plant.

•             The sending plant is maintained as Vendor in the standard MM customization and apart from that, as part of CIN customization, the vendor
                along with their excise registration details has to be maintained in J1ID transaction.

•             The receiving plant is maintained as Customer and customer excise details should be maintained in J1ID transaction.

Regards,

Brinda

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this error there are many posts on SDN, why dont you google them. You will get 100 answers on this.

0 Kudos

Dear Mr Nilesh,

If you read the quaestion caredully, you will notice that all the necessary details are already maintained to avoid getting this error.

Earlier the error was not appearing.

Suddenly, this error is appearing now.

I wanted to know the reason behind this strenge behaviour....

0 Kudos

Not sure about the business processes you are following. But, for a Stock transfer order with MM route, After posting a goods issue against a Stock transfer order, You have to create an Outgoing invoice with respect to Material document in J1IS and then post it thorugh J1IV.

You said, you have captured excise part 1 along with GR and posted excise invoice in J1IEX. Would you brief your business scenario and the process you follow (ed)

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Ensure Vendor and vendor excise registration details are maintained in J1ID > Vendor excise details.

2. If Vendor excise details are not known then maintain hyphen '-' in all columns of excise details in J1ID.

3. For Import vendor also since excise registration details will not be there, some dummy entry like hyphen '-' should be maintained.

4. In case of STO -
  •             Set up Shipping data for plants in the below path
                SPRO >MM >Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set up stock transport order > Define shipping data for plants

•             Create customer master & vendor master for both the plants.

•             Assign the customer master of the respective plant in the vendor master of that plant.

•             The sending plant is maintained as Vendor in the standard MM customization and apart from that, as part of CIN customization, the vendor
                along with their excise registration details has to be maintained in J1ID transaction.

•             The receiving plant is maintained as Customer and customer excise details should be maintained in J1ID transaction.

Regards,

Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brinda,

I checked my system.

Shipping data for supplying plant is not maintained.

But, this is not the first time when material is being transfered from same supplying plant.

Even in many cases, receiving plant is also same.

If the error is appearing because of this configuration, how the GRs are posted.How part1 and part2 are captured in earlier GRs.

Please guide.

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is introdued with note- 1282447. If this note is applied in your system recently with SP upgrade or so then you will get this error.

May be earlier the error was not there as this note was not available.

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

Check whether your SAP_APPL Support pack is recently upgraded or you applied any SAP notes pertains to this in your system.