cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Text to URL..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am facing an issue where i have to send SRM Login Page URL as content of the outlook mail..

when i see the mail the content not display as URL .. but its display as Text..

I want to display as www.sdn.sap.com but its display as <ahref="http://rb3sdeb1.us.bosch.com:8001/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/bbpstart"></a>..

And also i seen in SCOT : general node data settings code page : - 0 No Conversion into Other Character Set..

Do i need to ask my basis to change any configuration to display as hyperlink..

thanks,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Hi. You need to send the email as HTML not as text if you want HREF's to display as a link.

This depends on how you are creating the email as to how to correct.

1) When using class cl_document_bcs - class based email creation. This should work without a change as you can set the document type in the create request

2) When using function module SO_OBJECT_SEND I think it is by changing the OBJECT_TYPE parameter (HTM)

Alternatively try sending the document as plain text and just mention the URL i.e. without the HREF. Most email applicaitons will display URL's as an active link even if the email was sent as text (This is dependant on the recipients email application configuration - try email applicaiton-->user settings <or options>)

Cheers

Rob