cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particular user not receiving any PO email notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Im a beginner in SAP Basis and im working as a basis administrator,,As i have a issue that one of our customer not getting any email notification for any

PO's.I dont know how to reply to this issue and also in which way to move forward to get the solution...kindly guide me on this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the WF log for the PO, if the step to trigger email has been carried out. You will find more useful info from the workflow log to investigate the issue.

- TGB

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sathis,

If notification is sending to outlook of user, check with technical team, background job 'RSCONN01' has been scheduled in SM37.

Job : RSCONN01 is used to send email from SOST to outlook(outbound emails).

confirm and let us move to find other parts.

regards

goudham

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Checking for mails from POs doesn't sound like a job for a BASIS person! Don't they have anyone else?

First place I would look would be in transaction SOST to see if the mail was actually sent (users are often mistaken) or had an error.

Are other users receiving their emails?

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you elaborate on this issue. what exactlly it is all about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

I just got a mail from our customer that he cant receive any email notification for PO Approval...As i dont know how to proceed for this,bcoz im not aware of those workflow process....

i have checked in po release strategy and i found the corresponding user in that approval,,,but he didnt get the email notification,,,how to check in SOSt and SCOT....

Need ur help..

Thnkyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your reply and my understanding...

An email should be triggered for PO release/ approval. consider two cases:

Case 1:  If the mail to be sent to SAP Inbox, then configure the workflow which will be done by SAP MM Consultant via release strategy.

Please find below blog if it is helpful for you...

Following are the steps for workflow of PO release:

1. Configuration step: SPRO--> Material  Management --> Purchase Order--> Release Procedure--> Procedure with classification--> Set up Procedure with classification --> Release code

In this Procedure, Under 'Release code' enter '1' in the workflow field. Consider one example.

Rel code        Workflow    Description

01                                 Executive

02                  1             Manager.

In this case, When the Executive release the PO, a mail will be triggered to manager for release of PO.

2. After this setting, goto SPRO-->  Purchase oRDER--> Release Procedure--> Procedure with classification--> Set up Procedure with classification --> Workflow. Enter the data as shown in example.

Example:     Grp       Code       Description        Plant       Object type      Agent ID

PO         02          PO rel                     US(User)       User ID

here enter the Release group, Release code of the manager

* Agent ID: the SAP ID of the user(manager) whom the mail should be sent.

3. Tcode: SWETYPV: Select-

'Event '- RELEASESTEPCREATE

'Receiver Type '- WS20000075

'FM Module'- SWW_WI_create_via_event.

Double click on this Event and tick the check box ' Link Activate'.

4. Assignment of an agent: SPRO--> SAP Netweaver --> Application server --> Business management--> SAP Business workflow --> Perform task specific Customizing --> MM --> MM-PUR --> Click on 'Assign Agent'. Goto ' Release of PO ' , ID: TS 200000166.

Click on 'Attribute' . select ' General flow allowed' --> Transfer.  Click on 'update index' symbol(red color ball). Again click on Ágent assignment'--> create--> select user--> assign the user id of the manager whom the mail should be sent. go back and check if the link is activated(green in color).

5. Check all the RFC connections in SPRO--> SAP Netweaver --> Application server --> Business management--> SAP Business workflow --> Maintain standard settings.

Now prepare the PO and relese it with code '01' and check if the mail has been triggered to manager's id in sap inbox with a link directly to PO.

This config is for release  PO.

In case of Rejection:

Tcode: SWDD(Workflow builder)

enter the workflow number WS20000075 and press enter.

you will see 3 steps

1. In case of Release, mail comes in SAP inbox with task TS 200000166.

2. In case of Release of Purchase order effected  with task TS 0000168.

3. In case of Cancel release  with task TS 200000167. Double Click on this step and assign agent (SAP ID) in 'Task Properties'under 'Control'tab.

Case 2: For PO notification, if the email is to be sent to account other then SAP inbox(gmail etc..), then to configure the workflow settings take help from the ABAPer. If  the mail is to be sent out of SAP inbox to other application these tcode : SCOT and SOST are used(Mainly for sending the PO printouts to vendor)

Hope this solutions helps you. In case any query kindly let me know.

Regards,

Priti.