cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

encoding error

former_member550907
Participant
0 Kudos

When we send the message from the XI Runtime Workbench -> Component Monitoring -> Integration Engine -> Test Message.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><REGIONS>-<REGION><BLAND>04</BLAND><BEZEI>Республика Алтай</BEZEI></REGION></REGIONS>

In a message has Russian text. In the recipient system message comes, but Russian text are replaced with ???????????? symbols.

Massage in sxi_monitor

Payloads

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<REGIONS>

<REGION>

<BLAND>04</BLAND>

<BEZEI>?????????? ?????</BEZEI>

</REGION>

</REGIONS>

Please tell me where to configure the encoding.

Installed PI 7.1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rinaz,

You dont mention which adapter are you working. Check this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16138

Also you should check  http://scn.sap.com/message/13735916#13735916

Regards.

former_member550907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

Thank you for your letter.I checked the SMLT transaction, settings normal.

Have problems after java update.

have a Java version:

Make Release NW711_10_REL

SP Stack Number 10

JDK Version jdk15

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

пишы по русски

former_member550907
Participant
0 Kudos

Ignore this message. This is my crazy friend.

former_member550907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the reply.

but...

This problem occurs only when you send a message from RWB. If we send the message from the system, it goes through a scenario without error encoding.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Thats what I was expecting, but if you want to test the encoding while testing through RWB, I guess you may have to write some UDF for the fields which has these russian characters.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

We too have encountered the encoding problem while using Celtic characters when sending test data via RWB.

For testing I suggest you use some file sender channel and use sample file in such a way that encoding is preserved (instead of direct copy pasting).

It may not be necessary that source is sending the file in UTF-8 format. Mostly it is ISO-8859-1/2/3 etc for European chars.

former_member550907
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Anirudh

How you solved the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinaz,

We stopped using RWB and triggered message for testing directly from source (proxy in our case).

Whenever there is encoding issue it is better to avoid test tab as we do not know, for certain, which encoding the data is in, while copying it from the files.

Interestingly, our issue was resolved by keeping transfer mode and data mode both in text mode (instead of binary) and encoding was kept blank. XI automatically assigned ISO-8859-1 encoding while transferring the data.

regards,

Anirudh.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rinaz,

You can configure encoding in the sender channel. To find the various unicode refer to the link below.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc.html

I have used IBM866 earlier for russian characters.

Thanks

Anand

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For testing purpose you may use any FTP server and configure the unicode in a File Sender channel and complete your testing.